“Dirty dishes”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the past few years and it has just been ok food. I decided to try again since it had been about a year since our last visit. My food was served on a dirty plate - the whole plate was covered in a gritty, sticky film. For the first time ever, I asked for a clean plate at a restaurant. The next one was a little better; maybe they are having an issue w their dishwasher. My crab cake sandwich had a lot of filler and wasnt very good. The fries were good. I won't be going back.

1  Thank JMM0823

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went to the one downtown on near the beach. It was horrible. The service was terrible, the food took forever to come for simple dishes like burgers, and the it was cold. I have no idea how they stay in business. I guess sucker tourists.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stopped in for a Beer, stayed for lunch, Great Lunch I had a burger, wife had seafood, Both were excellent. Staff were helpful and very friendly. I was a little suprised it wasn't a little busier, but it was 3 in the afternoon. Walked by later in the day and they had a live band and was hoppin.

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had the Fish and Chips. My friend had the Shepherd's Pie. Both were excellent. However, the service was terrible. The wait staff doesn't seem to know the basics of good customer service. The woman who seated us - in a near empty restaurant - was sullen. The wait staff was perfunctory. This is a resort place. People are here to have a good time. We expect to be asked if we're visiting and if, so, where we're from, are we having a good time and to be otherwise engaged in small, pleasant conversation. Unlike other restaurants in the area, the staff seemed oblivious to this.

The experience in Lewes was completely different.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I knew when I didn't see anyone in the place on a Friday night at 9:30 in August that there was going to be trouble. Our waitress was polite and efficient but the food was inedible. It was very salty. The worst thing was my friend was yelled at by DJ Sharon's redneck boyfriend, husband, gay plus one--whatever. My friend was voicing her disapproval about the loud and very un-Irish music she was playing and this ugly, shaved pig of a man yelled to my friend to shut-up. Then he promptly began to entertain all 6 of us in the bar with his unbearable karaoke. At that point, it was time to leave. We won't be coming back. I hope they go out of business soon so something better can occupy that valuable real estate.