“Very Impressed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fork and Flask at Nage

Fork and Flask at Nage
Reserve with OpenTable
Fork and Flask at Nage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 269 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Located in Shore Plaza, across from the Tanger Outlets - Seaside
Description: Kindred spirits seek this coastal meeting house to revel in beach life with great food and proper cocktails. A highway 1 hideaway, this beach bungalow inspired establishment celebrates straight forward & done right. What's on the Fork? Local caught seafood and cultivated vegetables. What's in the Flask? Proper cocktails, small batch spirits, craft beers, and unique wines.
New Jersey
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

I liked this restaurant a lot. I'm just gonna put it out there. My boyfriend and I weren't seated too quickly, despite a reservation, but that was the only bumpy part of the evening. The decor and atmosphere are really nice and I like being able to see into the kitchen while the chefs cook. Here's a breakdown:

Food: We sat for a bit and I made a joke that there was no bread for so fancy a place. A little while later, our bread and herbed butter arrived. The bread was tasty and filling despite the small portions. We also received another basket of Brioche bread and we both fell in love and decided to put it on our shopping list. We ordered the Riccotta Gnocchi appetizer and it was delish. It came w/ cranberries, some kind of green crispy veg/potato-y strings, venison sausage, and a green sauce. We downed it quickly.

I had the Crabcake w/ tomato succotash and my boyfriend ordered the duck. He loved his and I definitely loved mine! The flavors were spot on throughout the whole thing. I had a couple of bites of his duck and I preferred my entree. The mango slices in his didn't translate well with the duck I thought. He and I both finished out dishes and were impressed. The dessert menu was sparse and I didn't see anything I wanted to try, so we skipped that portion of the bill. All in all, about $61 for the two of us.

Drinks: Mostly water and a tropical drink of some sort that was virginized for me. $5 was a bit expensive for glorified fruit punch, but I like that it came in a martini glass, lol.

Service: Our waitress, Stephanie was a lovely lady. She and the other waiters all kind of shared the tables. Water was refilled without asking and one of the male waiters accomodated my boyfriend's new obsession with Brioche bread and gave him a to-go box. Very cool!

Ambiance: The tables are really close together, but you don't feel like you're in other people's conversation. Unfortunately, our neighbors were loud and cussed like truckers. Ruined the feel, but hey, what can you do?

I'd totally recommend the joint. We'd like to go back next year when we visit DE again.

1 Thank AfricanVenus

OH
“cheap portions, expensive starters, just go for bar only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

The portions are so cheap I would be embarassed to take anyone there. We ate there Sunday night for the advertised "$20 lobster pot with corn and asparagus" For that you get the 1-1/4lb lobster, (small lobster called chicken lobsters) you get 1/2 a ear of corn and 3 pieces of asparagus. Since there were four in our party and two of us got this, it came identically and we saw other diners gettting this also, we presumed this is the standard portion size. For $20 they are not getting rich, but come ON, breaking the ear of corn in half? We ordered the $15 artisan cheese plate that stated "artisan cheeses, fruits and nuts" For $15, we got 3 small single servings of cheese, 1 tablespoon of strawberry jelly, 1 tablespoon of mixed berry jelly, 1 tablespoon of raisens and a total of 10 crackers. The service was great and the bar looked fun, this should be a place to stop for a drink, but if you eat here you'll need to go next door afterwards to the philly cheese steak place and get the rest of your dinner. That's what we did.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bluebird217
Meyersdale,PA
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

We went to Nage on a Sunday evening in late August. The place was crowded and very noisy but the service was good considering how packed it was. I had the lobster special with corn on the cob and asparagus ($20). My wife had the crab cake entree which she raved about. We each had a salad which were both excellent. We had a total of three beers. The tab was $71 which was surprisingly low for such a great dining experience

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Delaware
“Steak was not as I ordered it...far better then usual!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

I live and work in the Rehoboth area and have heard everyone raving about this place for years, saying that it is a local hot spot for great food. My wife and I like to splurge every so often and we decided to go back to Nage for our second time just last week. I thought when I went the first time that it was excellent, but this time I really have to say, I had the best meal I have ever had in my entire life! No question about it. I am a huge steak fan, so of course I had the hand trimmed center cut ribeye with two large glasses of Malbec. For some odd reason I have always been one to enjoy a nicely burnt steak with a crispy outer layer and cooked through, so I ordered well done. I was not suprised when it came to me medium rare, but I was suprised to find this was a superior flavor to what I am used to. Maybe I am getting old or something or perhaps my taste buds are developing...either way, I can appreciate a chefs experience and knowledge and I refused to send this steak back. I ate every bite of that steak. My wifes bone in grilled chicken breast, which she allowed me to try, was truley amazing! How on earth do they get this chicken to taste the way it does? I consider myself to be a great cook, I cook meals like this all the time for my wife but these chefs really know what they are doing. For the two of us our meal came out to $125 including the wine and tip, and certainly worth every penny. The seating at the small table in the corner by the kitchen was not the best with the waiters constantly bumping into us and forcing us to adjust our chairs. The bread they serve before the meal as another reviewer had put it, was almost tasteless, but not too bad with the olive oil. I do think though they should look into this honey wheat bread recipe that you get at just about any Outback steakhouse.

I work as a night manager at a luxury hotel in town and have been there 5 years. I make reccomendations for dining all of the time and I have eaten at most the restaurants in the area. I can say for sure that Nage is a step above all of the rest. I listen to my customers when they come back to the hotel after their meals and they tell me which places were good, which were bad, and which were just so-so. I have never heard anything bad about Nage, other then its in a slightly out of the way location. I guess some times you just have to go that extra mile to get the very best!

1 Thank NeverAHilton
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Meals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

I read an excellent review in the newspaper about this place and decided to give it a shot during a recent vacation to the beach. This place was incredible. In fact after the first night there I just had to make reservations for the following night.

The food here isn't your typical fare. The dishes are expertly created and offer some fantastic choices. My sister is a vegetarian and upon hearing this they told us that the Chef would make something special. It sounded so good 3 of us ordered this dish and it was simply amazing.

Service is polished and friendly and the dress code is come as you are.

I can't say enough about Nage and I will be sure to make it a point to visit every time I'm in Rehoboth.

1 Thank prc47