“Two Home Runs”

Fork and Flask at Nage
Reserve with OpenTable
Fork and Flask at Nage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 277 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Located in Shore Plaza, across from the Tanger Outlets - Seaside
Description: Kindred spirits seek this coastal meeting house to revel in beach life with great food and proper cocktails. A highway 1 hideaway, this beach bungalow inspired establishment celebrates straight forward & done right. What's on the Fork? Local caught seafood and cultivated vegetables. What's in the Flask? Proper cocktails, small batch spirits, craft beers, and unique wines.
Wilmington, Delaware
“Two Home Runs”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I went to Nage on a friend's recommendation over Valentine’s Day weekend this past February and had one of the better all around evenings I have had in a long time. It is tucked in the corner of a little shopping center and the inside was quite unexpected, somewhat New York restaurant style. I had not been there before and saw things on the menu that I didn’t recognize, thankfully our server (can’t remember her name) took time to answer my questions and suggested items she thought I might enjoy. As busy as they were it was refreshing that she was as kind and patient as she was, I don’t know if I could have been! The evening was a success and I even tried smoked scallops! Last Friday was my favorite of the two times I have been there. We sat at the bar and unknowingly stumbled in on an evening they had live music. It was a young female singer and a guitarist that were really amazing. The bartender suggested we share some items from the “bites” menu which we did, as well as a bottle of wine. After almost two hours of popcorn shrimp, flatbread, oysters, and live music we had to leave but am looking forward to returning for their happy hour. It truly is a home run, good pricing, creative menu, and friendly staff.

• Visited April 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food, but be prepared to wait for it.”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Went to Nage after some outlet shopping today. It was recommended by a friend, and we had gotten a coupon for lunch online. It's a lovely little place (and very clean) in a shopping center on Rt. 1. The food we ordered was very good -- the soup was excellent -- but it took a long time, especially considering that the restaurant was not full. However, I would absolutely revisit given the good prices for lunch and the proximity to the outlets!

• Visited April 2011
Annapolis, MD
“Very slow, unattentive service. Okay food.”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We got there early to meet friends for dinner and had a couple of glasses of wine at the bar. We paid our tab in full before being seated.

Dinner service was very slow, had to flag down the waiter to finally take our order. He never returned to ask how our meal was or if we needed anything. Food was okay, I had the Sunday night's special salad, not so special, just romaine lettuce with a couple of strips of avocado. Also had the special lobster rolls, again not so special, could have used some lobster in it. The rest of the party had the clam bake and enjoyed it.

When we flagged down the waiter for the bill, he had added our bar drinks to the tab, which we had paid for prior to taking our table. Overall not a good experience. With all the great restaurants in the area, would not chose to go back to this one.

dc
“Not good”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Disappointing meal that took forever...very disappointing.

Vienna, Virginia
“Only O.K...”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Food Network put out a ‘best burgers’ by state <http://www.foodnetwork.com/50-states-50-burgers/package/index.html>. We were heading for a weeks stay in Rehoboth and figured with Nage representing Delaware’s best…why wouldn’t we try it? It is tucked away in a totally non-descript strip mall. We did not know the restaurant was not open for dinner until 5PM and arrived too early—came back later. It is not a very large place, but I liked the décor. Service was o.k.; not very warm and fuzzy, but not rude either. The much touted ‘Prime Rib’ burger was quite good. I would describe it as a more gourmet version with its smoked onions and Gouda cheese; but for us, 5-guys and Ray’s Hell Burger still rules. None of the 3 of us liked the ‘Sweet Corn Soup’, but we all loved the Summer Flatbread! My son thought the ‘Eastern Shore Crab Cake Over a “BLT” Salad’ was o.k. Dessert’s ‘Bailey’s Chocolate Gateau’ was a nice ending. Bottom line: now that we are back home…this was not one of our memorable meals.

1 Thank spontaneoustrip