“great stay”
Review of Shore Inn

Shore Inn
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The inn is in a great location. Parked the car and didn't need it again until we left. Everything is within walking distance, beach, bars and places to eat. The owners are nice and very friendly. The room were updated and many little corners to lounge.

1  Thank Dale C

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at The Shore Inn over the Fourth Of July holiday. The owners were very friendly and we had a great time. Do wish they had a pool! A little pricey for what it was. We liked being able to park and walk to all of the great things to do in Rehoboth including the beach!

2  Thank TTurner2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very pleased with Shore Inn on our first visit and will definitely return. Just right for a gay couple or single man -- walking distance to town and just off Coastal Highway -- across the street from the LL Bar. Bob and Mike have transformed this old-fashioned motel with a really beautiful 50's-style garden, a hot tub, tastefully painted rooms, comfortable sofas and seating areas around a deck and patio. And reasonably priced. An atmosphere of camaraderie among the guests -- no attitude. The fridge in our room broke -- so the hosts let us put our food in their home fridge. If you were thinking about the Ram's Head, I think this is nicer and more convenient, but it doesn't have the gym or the feeling of the enclosed courtyard. It is a bit noisier being right off Rehoboth Avenue, but we thought the convenience outweighed that.

Room Tip: Smaller rooms are downstairs. We liked both rooms we stayed in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Barry K
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed one night at Shore Inn. The owners were friendly and everything is in walking distance. The only problem was their lack of interest in providing breakfast. The only thing they had ready was coffee. We usually go to the bakery across the street but it was closed for construction.

2  Thank Ross4224
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had heard a lot of friends and acquaintances talk about spending time in Rehoboth Beach but, alas, I had never been. I had no idea where to stay or anything. I searched the net and found The Shore Inn and made a reservation. It was my idea of a relaxing place to stay. Small property, plenty of parking, and a hot tub and private sunning area if I wanted to take advantage of them. When I arrived, one of the Owners (Bob? Mike?) welcomed me and filled me in on where I could eat and party and shop at Rehoboth. He was great! As it turns out, Rehoboth is not all that big, so I could walk to everything from the Shore Inn. I had a quiet, pleasant, and convenient stay. I want to go back again when there is less rain. When I was preparing to leave I accidently cut my finger and my friend, the Owner found me a band aid! A nice place to travel to and spend time at!

Room Tip: No swimming pool here, but a large and nice hot tub. No fitness center but I got plenty of exercisi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been visiting the Shore Inn for years until it became too run down to bother. This was our second visit since the new owners have taken over. They really had there work cut out for them and they seem to be doing a pretty good job. That said, I will tend to agree with the review of Sean C (Oct 30) about their tendencies to not want to take care of guest complaints very well. We had some rowdy quests next door to us and I asked to be moved and was told there were no other rooms available. The problem was with noise and smoke. Our room was filled with the smell of stale cigarette smoke all night from the room next to us, and when I unpacked my nightshirt in which i slept, it reeked of smoke. When I left the next morning I counted 4 vacant rooms and 2 rooms under repair. I knew there would be rooms available as this is their off season. To quote Judge Judy "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. This smoking in the room is clearly against Delaware law and we should have been moved to another room, or after my complaint management should have given us a refund if they could not move us, instead of turning their backs and going off in a huff. They seem to focus more on art and gardening than caring for their guests needs. I feel that this may come back to haunt them if they continue with the approach of taking your money and leaving the guests to fend for themselves. Oh, and BTW the designer rug in the office is always dirty and they should have their dog groomed and clean if it is going to be seen by the public....the office should be spotless as this gives the guest their first impression of the place. (Just a hint Guys!)

Room Tip: Do not choose a room with an adjoining interior door (to the next room) as they tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank lookingabout
Reviewed October 30, 2012

FIrst, we checked in to find our room was right next to a busy road, but they whined about having to clean the room again and did not move us even though they had plenty of rooms available. So there was no sleeping in the next morning as it sounded like cars were driving through the room. Stay away from room 9 especially Then we asked if we would be charged for our last night if we checked out a day early because Sandy was scheduled to arrive the next day and we did not want to be driving in heavy rain and wind. Even though it was before checkout time, they said we already paid and that was it,no offer of a even a credit for a return trip. I guess today's $$ is most important to them.

Room Tip: Don't check in to room 9, the road is about 2 feet away.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple