“New find”

Ranked #37 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great food, service and space plus a big parking lot. What more could you ask for at the beach. Try it.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

At first you do not know what to expect when you pull up to this place in a strip mall which in all honesty seems somewhat abandoned at night (not much going on). But the interior of the restaurant is adorable and the service was great/attentive. I went for dinner with a party of six and tried almost everyone's entrée. Everything was great. The calamari was delicious and I had the beef tenderloin which was really good. The chicken Milanese was delicious (tried some). The swordfish was great (tried some of that too). I remember the bread was also really delicious as were the desserts. Try it for dinner (easy parking is a plus).

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Don't be put off by the location of this restaurant. Just because it is in a strip mall next to a GNC and a Food Lion does not mean it is not an excellent restaurant.

We were a party of 4 and the waitress was very friendly and attentive, returning every so often to see if there was anything we would need. The appetizers came out promptly and the entrees were served just the right time after the appetizers.

The food was excellent. Their signature appetizer of the firecracker shrimp was delicious. Just the right amount of heat and loaded with flavor. The shisami tuna was also excellent.

The entrees were all prepared and served at the same time, and everything was hot when served. One of our group had the grouper, one had the red snapper one had the mahi mahi and one had the chicken. All of us raved about our entrees. I had the grouper and it was served with a cool mango salsa which added a nice flavor to the fish. The others were all served with a variety of gourmet preparations and all of our plates were picked clean at the end.

The portion sizes were more than adequate to the point where no one had room for dessert. The entrees were a bit on the pricey side, but for a change, the food in this tourist town was much better than tourist quality. Reservations are suggested since the place was packed on a Sunday night.

1  Thank chazcat99
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I Recently went to dinner at Michy's relaxed dining and was disappointed in the meal I had. The atmosphere is certainly relaxed! Most of the customers were dressed much better than the staff. The staff looked like they just came off the beach or were out working in the yard (jeans, cut offs, dirty T shirts, etc. The restaurant was clean, did not seat many people, but with open areas could not be called intimate. The Menu was limited and printed on a home computer (maybe this was to allow changing of the menu depending on availability of fresh sea food, etc). Service was good and I have to admit the Calamari was excellent and this is coming from someone who does not like Sea Food. However, My Caesar salad was over dressed with way too much mayo and was dripping off the Salad. Croutons were non existent and the salad consisted of romaine lettuce, a shaving or 2 of Parmesan cheese and 1 - 1 " long piece of anchovy. I order the Short ribs and the beef and vegetables had way too much salt (may have been from the Soy sauce) they did make me vegetables without all the salt. Others at the table had the scallops and pan seared red snapper which they seemed to have enjoyed. One other person also had the short ribs who agreed with me on the amount of salt in the dish. The desert menu was recited and was unimaginative so we passed on desert so I can not make a comment. The prices seemed a bit on the high side, which is not a problem for me as long as the quality of the food matches the price and unfortunately Michy's does not.

3  Thank Joe D
Reviewed August 14, 2014

First time at Michy's on the recommendation of the Rehoboth Foodie. To say the least it was wonderful. Spent a great evening in their small bar talking with some delightful patrons. The restaurant is warm and welcoming. The bartenders were knowledgeable about the wines and menu. The kitchen is open and spotless. Had the crab cake appetizer which was excellent. Local (Maryland) fresh crab provided delicious flavor on a bed of fresh greens. My entree was the short ribs of beef. I have had short ribs hundreds of times in restaurants throughout the U.S. This was exceptional. Easily in my top three of all time. The meat was moist and succulent with just the right amount of fat left on the ribs. The vegetables included roasted fennel, carrots and fingerling potatoes. The chef included a subtle amount of juice created in the cooking process. Much better than drowning the food in gravy. I can't wait to return to Michy and eat my way through the menu although it will be difficult to pass over the short ribs.
If you visit Rehoboth Beach stop in to Michy (make a reservation) if you live between Ocean City, Md and Dover, De. make a point of dining there.

1  Thank chefboy17