Beach View Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Brighton Suites Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)
Atlantis Inn(Rehoboth Beach)
Oceanus Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
Sandcastle Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Breakfast included
High Seas Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Free Internet
1,102 results
All reviewscookiesfrench toast muffinswine and cheesebalcony roomafternoon winecontinental breakfasthappy hourperfect locationgreat place to stayclean roomsbeen coming here for yearsthird floorcrackersfree parkingyear after yearmany yearssmall pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I traveled to Rehoboth and stayed at the Beach View the first weekend they opened for the year. I found the rooms to be of very nice size. The television in my room didn't work, but it was replaced within 30 minutes of informing the front desk. Everyone was very pleasant. I'm not usually much into the continental breakfast offered by most hotels, but the nice area and hospitality of the staff made it for me. The hotel is within walking distane of restaurants and shops, plus the boardwalk. I never needed to use my car, opting for foot or bike trannsport. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Beach View with others. I am sorry about the issue with your televison but we do recognize equipment breaks so we want to be sure our staff is ready to handle the problem as quickly as possible. thank you for staying with us and I hope you will be our guest again soon.
Alex Moore
President
Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed March 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Beach View Motel over the weekend for a quick weekend getaway. While I agree that the motel is clean and the staff are nice, the reviews I've seen seem to paint it in a much better light than what really exists.

First the bad. It was opening weekend for the hotel, but they could not seem to get the outside, hallway lights on before late into each evening. Trying to get into our room was difficult since it was pitched black when we tried after being out at dinner.

If you leave a note when making your reservations, don't expect it to be read. I asked for a simple request of having the end unit toward the water. Apparently, they could not swing that saying all the rooms were taken. The motel was not full; I don't understand why we could not have been closer. In that regard, don't go for the more expensive rooms and being up higher. Makes no difference. The hotel does not face the ocean really. You can see the ocean at a 90 degree turn from the balconies.

The rooms themselves are not worth $100 per night--especially in the off season. With all of the signs around the building stating there was no smoking anywhere, it was surprising to see burn holes in the blankets of the rooms. It was also surprising to see some sort of unidentifiable stain and "drip" down the wall (length of about two feet)--yuck! They didn't clean the wall?

Rehoboth has other, better offerings. While Beach View is fine, and the staff are outwardly friendly, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for starters. It's just not all that, and it's certainly not worth that price. However, beggars can't be choosers, and the motel we wanted was already booked.

Good luck!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EliRyan

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I cerrtainly wish for a more glowing review I would like to respond to try and help others that will read your review. The first bad is our bad, we simply set our automatic timers later than they should have come on, and I sincerely apologize for the error, it is no fun trying to get a key into a door in a dark hall.
You made your reservation by our online system and asked for a specific room type that does not exist closest to the water. Our manager did try and contact you by phone to discuss this problem with you but was unsuccessful.
There are no burn holes in any of our blankets, period, you are mistaken. Nothing was found dripping down any walls. You will not find a cleaner hotel room anywhere you stay, unless it is one of our other properties. We pride ourselves on this facet of the business and recognize the importance it carries to be a successful property, which we have been for 30 years.
There is most certainly a better view from the third floor than the first, thus the additional rate the higher you go. We don't claim we are oceanfront but our balconies are certainly oceanview. Let me know where else you can stay for $100 a night and have an oceanview in Rehoboth, let alone the service and breakfast we offer. 99% of our guests feel the Beach View is the best value in town.
You expressed to our manager that your wife wanted to be at different hotel to begin with and that this started your weekend off in a sour way. Not likely any hotels were full this time of year. It is unfair to fabricate problems and state unjustified claims because of issues that had nothing to do with the hotel. I hope you will be able to enjoy your next visit to Rehoboth by staying at the hotel you actually want to visit.
Best Wishes.
Alex Moore
President
Seaboard Hotels

Reviewed November 8, 2009

Not sure why this happened, stayed for a week in June, and everything was great except the service. Housekeeping was a pleasure to deal with and the maintenance man was a hoot to talk to, but the main desk was very unpleasant. Was only ever in there in the mornings, so I'm not sure if there is a different person working, but day time was a mixed bag. The lovely tall gentleman who always opened up and checked us out was the friendliest person to talk to so early in the morning, but the other lady (head manager I believe) was just rude as all get out. May have been a bad day...or week, but every time I interacted with her she was just so unfriendly. So surprising since she is the manager. Perhaps management can deal with that particular issues. Everyone should consider this hotel, just don't mind the front desk as much.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
7  Thank jbgurl
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Parked the car in their lot and never had to take it out. We were able to walk to everything. The statff was great in recommending good restaurants which is very important because there are some very good ones and some extremely bad places to eat. The Irish Eyes Pub is a real downer and so is the Adriatica. we got smart and asked the staff and then we ate well! Loved being able to get up and walk about 30 second to the beach and watch the sunrise.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EileenFerra
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We just returned from a 3 night stay. This place is amazing. The room was immaculate. We even let our infant get on the floor and play (very rare for us). I've never seen a cleaner room at a hotel. The continental breakfast was so nice, too. All of the employees were so kind. They were able to help us with anything that we needed. The location is fantastic. You couldn't get much closer to the beach. It's nice that they have beach chairs, too. I love having one less thing to pack.

My only complaint is that the mattress was a little too firm for my liking. My husband and son were fine with it though. They slept like babies. We'll be staying again next year. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family