“A Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Potomac
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family has gone to Rehoboth Beach for years -- since my now-grown daughter were toddlers. We have almost always stayed at the Beach View Motel and have always been very happy with our accommodations.

The motel is in an incredibly convenient location -- probably less than half a block from the boardwalk/beach, only a block away from the main street (Rehoboth Ave.), and extremely close to all kinds of shops and restaurants. Funland is only steps away.

The Beach View has been updated over the years. Our rooms have always had small refrigerators and microwaves, which is a real plus when you have leftovers from dinner out or are bringing some food from home. The pool was right outside our rooms and very convenient. There is also a room down the hallway with a washer and dryer as well as a snack and soda machine. Beach chairs are made available (free) to the guests.

In addition, there is an excellent complimentary breakfast each morning in the cheerful lobby, as well as late afternoon wine, and evening cookies -- all free to guests.

Our rooms were always clean and well stocked with necessities, and the beds (mattresses) were incredibly comfortable -- something that can make or break a vacation.

The manager, Adele, has always been extremely welcoming and helpful over the years, however we found a couple of the other women at the front desk during the daytime to be somewhat unfriendly; this was the only negative.

We would highly recommend the Beach View Motel.

JH

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Beach View Motel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
As we are in the middle of our 32nd season serving our guests in Rehoboth it is a wonderul experience to see the second and even third generations coming back to enjoy a summer vacation with us at the Beach View. We have built our success upon having guests come back year after year so we are extremely grateful to you for continuing your tradition. Thank you for the wonderful review. We will continue to improve the hotel so that each visit is always even better than the last.
Beach View / Seaboard Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and loved it. The motel is just a few steps from the beach and boardwalk. The rooms are nice and very clean. They have wine and snacks in the afternoon, delicious cookies in the evening, and a full breakfast in the morning. In addition, the staff was very nice and friendly. I will absolutely stay here again on my next trip to Rehoboth.

Room Tip: I got a third floor room that had a side view of the ocean, which was nice.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Friendliness and cleanliness is our motto so it is always wonderful to read a review where we meet our goals and the guests expectations. Thank you for the review and for choosing to stay with us at the Beach View.
Hockessin
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed for three nights in a balcony 1st floor room (the only room available on short notice). We live in Hockessin Delaware and travel to Rehoboth several times a year. We always stay at a hotel on or near the boardwalk.
The hotel room was very clean and updated (except for the old french fries behind the nightstand). When I called to place our reservation I asked if there was an ocean view. The lady told me yes. When we arrived we were very disappointed that you could not see anything. I spoke to the manger and she asked me if she could see what I was talking about. So we both went up to the room and she proceeded to tell me that you could see a little bit. She then asked me what I would like her to do - I replied I would like a room with a view as promised. She informed me other guests paid more on higher floors. Well I could see I was getting nowhere so I took the next room she showed me which had a large tree in front of the view. I would have paid more for a view but she said they were completely booked. Bottom line 1st floor no view!
I did not sleep more than 5 hours in this three day trip. The beds are hard as rocks. The parties outside across the street were nonstop until early morning. People screaming and loud music (could of been because it was senior week).
We love rehoboth and have stayed at the Beach View before but I felt like we were an inconvenience.
Bottom line this hotel is clean, updated, and great location but I would bring a bed topper and never stay on the first floor again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DianefromDelaware
I am very appreciative of your business and I apologize for not delivering what you expected. The higher floors do offer better views thus the higher cost and greater demand. I hope you will be able to book earlier next year.
Coplay, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was my first time in Rehoboth. The Beach View is great. Friendly staff, clean rooms and the perfect location. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
I love the short reviews that nail all of the important features of the Beach View. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for choosing to stay with us.
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Recently stayed here for 4 nights. The motel could not have been better. The loaction is the best thing this motel has going for it. Just steps from the beach, boardwalk, shopping, and restaraunts. Also for family with kids, Fun-Land is right behind the motel. Just make sure it will be open when you travel as it was only open for the one day we were there. The front desk was friendly. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. Great french toast muffin type things. The price can not be beat. There are different price levels according to floor and view. But all were reasonable. As for the room itself, it was clean and your basic hotel room. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

1 Thank myvegasISshowing
Thank you for taking the time to review the Beach View and for noting that we offer a great product for a very good price. We never raise our rates depending on occupancy as many hotels do as we want everyone to get a wonderful hotel experience for a fair price. We appreciate your business and hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again soon.
New Oxford, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We spent 4 days in Rehoboth Beach and highly recommend the Beach View. The staff was friendly, the price was right, and the location was perfect.

1 Thank Sue S
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Best option for value, friendliness, and convenience! Grand slam!!

• Stayed May 2012