“Nice Restaurant, but AWFUL wheat muffins!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Burke, Virginia
“Nice Restaurant, but AWFUL wheat muffins!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were walking down the street, and stumbled on this place. Kim, our waitress, was great. But I think she should be a manager since she is so personable and seems to really care. The other staff need more customer service training to make them better. Most of the food was good esp the desserts. The wheat muffins were awful as was the dipping sauces that came with it.

Hershey, pa
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Let me start by saying, we vacationed in Rehobeth for years. During our stays we always end up at the same restaurants. This year I was determined to walk around read menus and try something new. We had 5 adults in our group. We were greeted by a gentlemen by the name of Eric who was extremely nice. After ordering we were served very warm rolls with fresh bruschetta, 3 of us ordered steaks (all cooked to perfection), one seafood dish with scallops, clams, crabcake, etc. and a crab and chicken dish. Every single person loved their meal. I was so happy since this group is very particular with food and may I say very hard to please. I hope this restaurant makes it since its new. I know for a fact we would all return.
If you are in the area give this a chance.

Staten Island, New York
“Friendly and enjoyable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our first afternoon in Rehoboth saw us walking around getting to know the area. We happened upon Ambrosia, looked at the window menu and opted in. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. Our server took our drink order and left us to look through the menu. We ordered our appetizers of calamari and bruschetta. The calamari was broiled in butter and not chewy and the brushetta was tasty. We each had dinner salads, my friend with shrimp and mine with salmon. Each of us enjoyed our salads immensely. We did not opt for dessert or coffee but would definitely return.

Washington
“During 4-nts. in Rehoboth, dined here twice; shame, could be a winner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

This Italian restaurant I understand, is a newbie which recently opened this past April I believe? I was on vacation for 4-nts. in Rehoboth & first decided to have dinner this past Thursday evening & then again Sunday evening at Ambrosia. I sincerely hope the owners & also Eric (whom I believe is the restaurant's manager) read this review. To make Ambrosia a true & outstanding Rehoboth Beach "Italian" success, I will be 100% sincere & honest in regard to my personal experiences based on both dining visitations.

First thing's first...Eric (the manager?) & the staff who served me were truly great & socially professional. No problems (for the most part) with the staff. However, the young muscular guy who delivers the entrees does need to ask diners if they'd like some parmesan cheese (or something else) added. This guy should be 100% (at all time) on his toes during the presentation of the entrées he delivers to the diners.

I ordered cocktails during each dinner evening as opposed to wine; their mixed drinks were awesome! No criticism in this dept. based on both last Thurs. & Sun. evenings at Ambrosia.

Both evenings, I ordered their Ambrosia salad which I feel is remarkably delicious & refreshing after a warm, summer day outdoors. It consists of various fresh greens, just enough carrot shaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, some onion (but nothing overpowering), orange segments, reddish crans or currents?, & thinly sliced apple segments; & for my dressing I chose their Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing which truly makes this salad tops! Only that I requested they bring me two sides of this dressing (because only the one standard for this large salad would not be sufficient enough). I ordered the Ambrosia salad during both last Thurs. & Sunday evening's dinner. However, Thursday's salad had more cucumbers & tomatoes in the salad than it had on Sunday; so Sunday I requested they bring me some additional cucumber & tomato slices, which they pleasantly did without questioning me. Their Ambrosia salad is one heck of a delicious masterpiece; so staff needs to learn to consistently prepare it "properly during every" dinner engagement when ordered. One slight improvement to this salad would be if I (the diner) could be asked whether I'd like to have some garlic powder sprinkled atop my salad...Yum Yum...a bit of garlic powder tends to add a bit more zest.

For Thursday night's entrée, I chose the veal medallions/Osso Bucco with hollandaise sauce accompanied with asparagus. I told both my server (& later Eric) that this dish could have used a bit more of the hollandaise sauce to it. The entrée had only two small dollops of hollandaise sauce atop the veal, making this entrée somewhat dry to the palette. My server did ask me if I'd like to return my plate back to the kitchen; but I opted not to send it back & graciously ate the dish as originally presented. However, I did express to Eric (for future preparation purposes) that the chef(s) do need to add a bit more sauce which would ideally make this dish a very memorable experience. This entrée that Thurs. evening was accompanied with asparagus which were very tender & young (not stringy nor tough) & very good.

Sunday evening I opted for one of their specials. I may not state everything accurately, but it had three medium/large shrimp, some lump crab meat, & two or three medium scallops with very tiny pasta noodles (I forgot their name) in a creamy & lite delicate cheese or orange color sauce. Only this evening I requested that extra sauce be added (due to my concern this dish too may arrive dry &/or lacking of). They honored my request & I must admit that this entrée was superbly delicious upon presentation in regard to taste. This entrée could have had a couple more shrimp & scallops added to it; to give it a little bit more seafood effect. I'd even be willing to pay a couple dollars more & be given more shrimp & scallops. The dish did appear to have a sufficient amount of crabmeat added to it.

There is a bit of live (but nothing loudly atrocious) musician entertainment. I think if the owners added a few more Italian songs, it would give the restaurant a special "Italian" ambience touch.

I strongly suggest this new restaurant (before it's too late &/or the current trend dies out) could up their sauce & seafood quantities just a bit (by adding a bit more) into their entrees &/or side dishes, which will make The Ambrosia a huge, profitable, & successful Rehoboth Beach dining hit! I fear if they do not improve on things just a minor bit, they may not be (for long) successful due to all the other restaurant competitors that adorn the beach zone. Top quality regarding an entrees/dishes presentation is the key ingredient that makes a successful restaurant. Do not skimp on key ingredients (quality wise) used in your dishes/entrees.

Ambrosia owners, etc.; you can heed my advice or ignore it if you happen to be reading my post; it's your choice &/or call to make as to whether you sincerely want The Ambrosia to be a complete & constant success or not. But I do feel if you up the quality &/or things to your dishes just a tiny bit, The Ambrosia will become a powerful success many years to follow! In other words, if you set their hearts into this establishment, I suspect it'll become & continue as a huge success! Hope my recommendations are not taken negatively by the owners &/or staff; I want Ambrosia to become a consistent success!

I do wish The Ambrosia my best; hoping this restaurant becomes a successful venue & also a top notch dining experience for us guests to enjoy for many years forward! Whenever I do make it back to Rehoboth, I do plan to return back & dine at The Ambrosia. However, I would expect that these very miniscule improvements (as noted) in regard to how your entrees &/or dishes are well presented be thoroughly followed through &/or improved just a bit more (quality wise).

Baltimore, Maryland
“They tried, but the meal was lacking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The wait staff was attentive and courteous, although they need to learn to give people more time to finish salads, bread, etc. before they come to take the plates away.

Unfortunately the food wasn't very good. The whole wheat rolls were tasteless and the vegetable lasagna had very few vegetables. The meat lasagna wasn't anything special either.

Disappointing meal, especially considering the restaurant that had been in this location previously had much better food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles