All reviews sister hotel two blocks indoor pool off season allow pets atlantic sands free breakfast within walking distance perfect hotel late check the main drag living room bagels beach boardwalk fridge and microwave free parking lonnie
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2019

This review is based off a two night stay from Monday May 27th (Memorial Day) to Wednesday May 29th.

Location: While not directly on the beach, The Breakers Hotel is conveniently located, and is only a ten minute walk to the ocean. I actually believe that this location is better than ocean-front locations because it's quieter.

Room: Comfortable and with the basic amenities you would expect from a hotel; including everything from ample towels to an iron with ironing board. The room smelled clean, and didn't have that musty smell of many beach hotels I have visited. The decor is pleasant but not unique. The furniture and fixtures were in good repair, but will likely need a refresh soon. The balcony was a nice place to read and enjoy a nightcap. Views will vary wildly but they are comfortable and a nice amenity.

***Important to note about the room:

1. The door to my room did not close automatically. I am used to doors that almost slam shut as you walk out, so it took some adjustment. Make sure you pull the door closed or it will remain open!

2. The A/C unit is built into the window. These units are generally very loud, but cool the room quickly. I would suggest selecting a lower fan setting, because the "eco/green" mode causes the unit to switch on and off frequently and it can get loud.

Service: Staff interactions were limited, but everyone smiled and said hello. There was always someone at the Front Desk, and they willingly gave out water every time I asked. The check in and check out processes were efficient (perhaps too efficient) and I had no issues with my room assignment or my bill.

***Tip - Parking is free and you are able to leave your car until 2pm on the day of departure.

Note about Housekeeping: While these could easily be one-offs, my in room water was not refreshed the second day. Also, my phone charger was plugged into the lamp on the bedside table. When I returned after Housekeeping service, they had unplugged the charger and placed it in the drawer - this confused me and I don't believe it should be a best practice. Many hotels will simply wrap the cord around itself, and luxury hotels will even provide a branded cord tie - but the cords are always visible.

Final Thoughts: The Breakers Hotel is a clean, comfortable, and conveniently located hotel that meets the needs of any casual beach-goer. I would certainly stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The managers greeted us with a smile and welcome candy. The rooms we clean ,well appointed , and very bright. It’s a great location with in walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and the beach.
We will stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

The hotel has parking lot which is very convenient. The staff are very nice. It's walking distance for restaurants, Beach and bike rental shop. There is balcony,so you also can enjoy the sunshine and relax. One thing that need to improve which we found ants in our room. But overall it's great hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

This was our first visit to the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. I was nervous taking our dogs and staying in a “pet friendly” room because you never know what you’re going to walk into until you arrive. Overall, we had an great time here, service was wonderful, and the property was clean and well maintained. I am very grateful for this hotels pet policy and that they allow 2 dogs of any size for a reasonable fee, because that is very difficult to find when traveling to this location.

CHECK-IN: Quick and seamless. Very friendly associate behind the counter. Offered treats for our dogs who were waiting outside with my husband, and they also offered crayons for our daughter.

PARKING: Large lot with many spaces, but parking could be limited during peak season if you’re traveling with a high vehicle or cargo on top. I had to bring a cargo carrier on my small SUV and I needed to park in the smaller lot because the 2nd St. entrance goes under the building and the lower level access also has lower clearance. This was not an issue during our stay off-season, but something to think about. If traveling with dog(s), you may want to park in the 3rd St side of the lot, as that is where some of the pet friendly rooms are.

PET ROOM: Looked like a normal hotel room to us! Everything was very clean overall, though there was a slight “pet odor” when we opened the door. Understandable and nothing that would stop us from going back. We were traveling with 2 medium/large sized dogs and a baby, and had a King room. I set up two dog crates and a pack-and-play in the room, along with all of our luggage and beach stuff. The room filled up, but it was fine for the 5 days we were there. The bathroom is tiny, but probably won’t spend a lot of time in there. I brought an inflatable tub for the baby, and that fit in the bottom of the tub/shower. The pet rooms have outside access to the rooms, and there is also a nice porch that is fenced in with chairs. In addition, if you walk to the other side of the hotel they have green space for the dogs to go to the bathroom, and there is also a small park across the street. Plenty of places to walk them too.

BEACH ACCESS: It’s a little bit of a walk, but it’s manageable. They say it’s around 2 blocks, but it’s probably more like 3. The hotel didn’t offer any rentals during the “off season”, but we didn’t need anything for our visit. The surrounding neighborhood and walk is very nice/enjoyable.

LOCATION: Excellent. The hotel is about a block over from Rehoboth Ave and all the main shopping/restaurants. We walked everywhere our entire trip. The only time we took the car was to drive to the outlets, which weren’t too far of a drive.

CHECK-OUT: We requested a late check-out, and they gave us an extra hour (noon). This was very helpful with packing up everything for us, 2 dogs, and the baby!

This hotel with its pet policy, cleanliness, and service is the best place that we’ve stayed at in the Rehoboth/Dewey beach area. We plan on staying here again for future visits (with or without the dogs)!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

Our third trip staying here. Rooms are clean and spacious and the whole property just seems clean and well managed. They have renovated with beautiful new carpet and are building a room to offer breakfast. Nearby several great restaurants and a few min walk to the beach. Perfect place to stay and I highly recommend!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lonnieanderson, Manager at The Breakers Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Thank you for atying with us. We appreciate your feedback.