“Threaten by nasty front desk management SHOCK!! She still has a job!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Breakers Hotel & Suites

The Breakers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Long Island NY
“Threaten by nasty front desk management SHOCK!! She still has a job!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed here for my sons baseball tournament. Kelly the "so called manager " (she's just a nasty supervisor as I found out later) Even though I already paid for one night Kelly had the nerve tochange my rate for my hotel stay.I questioned her about my rate and she told me that she doesn't have to check us in and we can go someplace else yelling at me infront of my children. She told me that I was wrong and the customer is never right that she was right and she didn't care. I would of loved to stay someplace else but it was Memoiral day weekend and I could n'tt find another place to stay. I had paid for 2 suites which were very tiny. The entire hotel needs to be updated.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

We decided to make a spontaneous overnight trip to the beach. We were looking for an affordable hotel, with walking proximity to the beach and restaurants and amenities like a fridge and microwave to store and heat food for our 4 year old son. The Breakers fit our needs. As other reviewers have noted it is a basic hotel but it was clean and maintained. It could use an update but it was not uncomfortable for one nights stay. They work closely with their sister hotel The Sands to provide breakfast and sun umbrellas. We did not review the pool nor did we end up having breakfast at the hotel. There was plenty of free parking available.

Perhaps the only major drawback that I would note was the fact that the fire department is located directly across the parking lot from the hotel. Twice during my son’s afternoon nap the very loud siren sounded for several minutes to announce the departure of the fire engines. When we asked at the front desk how often and how late this occurred we were informed that it is rare that the alarm sounds after 11 pm. And to their credit we did not hear the siren again during the rest of our stay. However, if you are looking for a quiet place to stay with a child it is something to consider when making your reservation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2009

Our family of four stayed at the Breakers over the July 4th weekend. The hotel room was small, but adequate for our needs as we did not spend much time in the room. Overall the room was a little dated and could stand new mattresses and pillows. The bathroom was very small with little countertop. The free breakfast was not that great with prepackaged pastries, but there are lots of great places to eat in Rehobeth so this was not a big deal. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful with directions.

We enjoyed walking to the beach each day, which worked out ok for our teenage boys. If you had small children, you might want to find a closer hotel. It was great to be able to walk down to the beach to watch the fireworks on the Fourth and not deal with the traffic.

Overall, I would stay there again in a pinch, but there are better hotels in Rehobeth for the same money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

I spent labor day weekend 2008 here and had the worst experience of my life (and I frequently stay in hotels as a result of traveling with my job). I was given a "pet friendly" room when I had no pet and my room was infested with fleas. I suffered over 35 bites on my legs as well as permanent scarring as a result of this. The hotel staff was rude, did not assist with the problem and even had the nerve to blame me for the infestation. I had to shorten my stay at the hotel as a result and when I attempted to collect a refund for the nights I did not stay in the hotel, I was met with even more rudeness. I had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in order to receive a full refund for my stay there.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

The hotel location is convenient, and it has all the amenitiies of a beach hotel. However, it could use some improvements. Bed spreads and blankets are 100% polyester, towels and linnens are clean, but they have seen better days. I did not eat the continetal breakfast, considering that there are so many good places to eat brekfast within a 5 minutes walk. I have stayed there 3 times, because it is the th default hotel. I think I am ready for an upgrade to somthing a bit more upscale.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

well, i am used to staying right on the beach but this was a last min trip with my wife and kids and close family, of couse i new it was not on the beach so that is not a complaint. being our first time there we took what we could find.. first surprise was when i was scolded for asking when i could park in the parking lot. once i got over that we head to our room. the rooms are outdated and need updating for what they charge. they were not dirty but sandy, and damp almost like it had rained inside the room. we had not even been to the beach yet and everything was all sand in our room. the rooms were dark and cramped i thought i had my sunglasses on all the time. next id have to say the worst part was the fact that if you wanted to workout in there so called gym, guess again,,,every machine that they had was broke,,i was amazed that they still left the door open to get in. well after the gym disappointment i figured id at least go in the indoor pool and swim laps,,it would have been safer and cleaner to just jump in the toilet in our room. unbelievable how dirty the whole area was and the temperature the indoor pool must have been 105 degrees with no ventilation, but not the water, that was cold and cloudy . this was not just for one day either, the workout room and pool had the same conditions for 4 days, broke and dirty. do not know but im pretty sure the stuff is still broke. i d have to say if you are going to stay at this beach, there is not much to chose from as far as hotels, i would leave this hotel as a last choice of either sleeping in my car for a few days or staying there. if my car had a shower id rate it a 5 star compared to this place. but once again it was last minute and nothing else was available

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2008

First of all, let me say we love Rehoboth and stay there multiple times a year. We really like several hotels, but also like to try new places. The breakers is a place that we stayed VERY often when my wife and I were first dating. it was cheap, clean, and in a nice locations. The sands hotel took it over a few years ago and it is still nice, but less cheap, so we stay there less often. there is a charming little duck pond across the street and the hotel is a short walk from all that rehoboth has to offer. Get some Maryland crab soup at Arenas down the road.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)