“Unprofessional front desk staff and dirty, outdated, overpriced rooms” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakers Hotel & Suites

The Breakers Hotel & Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Unprofessional front desk staff and dirty, outdated, overpriced rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Don't stay here. Nothing is acceptable. The front desk staff could care less about tour stay. They act as if they are doing you a favor by giving you a room. I just heard one of them yelling at a customer who complained about the ac not working. (It is 90 degrees out!) The place is an outdated dump.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Ritzkimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Checked into this dump and was immediately appalled by the poor condition of the rooms. There are holes and stains on the carpets, holes in the bedding, broken furniture and a table lamp sitting on the floor-no table. Unfortunately, the poor conditions of the rooms is minor compared with the aggressively poor customer service.

We were awakened early in the morning by the sound of construction on the roof (we were on the top floor of this section of the building.). This was not minor noise. It sounded like people were using hammer-drills directly over our heads. When we complained, we got nothing but attitude. No apology. No relief from the noise. Just an attitude like we should be happy we were allowed to be here. The Manager on Duty was rude, completely unprofessional and a disgrace to the hospitality industry.

Well never be back.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DannoNJ46

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am very disappointed in the way this hotel handles their cancellation policy. I booked a room on 6/16 for a stay more than a month later. After I booked, my credit card was charged for one night's stay, which I expected. About a week later, something came up, and I needed to cancel the reservation. This was still more than a month before my planned vacation. When my credit card was refunded, $25 was missing from the original charge. I assumed it was a mistake; so I sent a note to Breakers asking when the remaining $25 would be refunded. They informed me that their cancellation policy consists of a $25 charge, if you cancel before 72 Hours of the date of your stay. If you cancel within the 72 Hours you forfeit your deposit. I can understand the 72 hour policy, but I've never had a hotel charge a fee otherwise. I think it's in incredibly poor taste and a great way to promote poor customer service. I will never make a reservation at Breakers again, and I will discourage others from doing so, as well.

Room Tip: Don't make a reservation here unless you are 100% sure you will not have to cancel. Otherwise...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Maggie P
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Staff here was very friendly. Hotel is going through a nice re-model and was priced moderately well for the area. Very convenient to the boardwalk, cheap parking and room came with 2 breakfast buffets the next AM at their sister hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave E
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would NEVER NEVER again stay at this place !! After 20 years and a TON TON of $, forget it .

All they do now is change prices on you. One person tells you one thing, then they say they do not remember the conversation, then you talk to Manager or whatever they are down there and she asked the best she can do even quoted the wrong price from her manager is give me a 15% discount of PARKING, seriously PARKING and that is only if I have the ticket from last year that you place in your window.

That's what happened on booking for this year , terrible..

Come on who safes those !!! That please has not been the same since Kelly left and we will miss Lonnie .

It's really said to see how your treated after being such good customers for such a long time .

Do yourself a favor , don't stay here and go to

The Admiral Hotel
2 Baltimore Avenue
tell Booby I sent you , you will feel much more welcomed

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank DRWCPA
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Same thing happened to me. I booked my room on the phone, told them I would be bringing my pug and was never told that there would be a charge for bringing my dog. Upon arrival they then told me it would be 50 bucks a night for my dog. Then to top it off the manager told me I should have lied and he wouldn't have charged me. The room was disgusting (stains all over the carpet), cigarette buts on the patio. For what I wound up paying I could have stayed somewhere much nicer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Craig C
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

After booking a room over the phone, we were told upon arrival that the charge for our dogs would be an additional $100.00 per night over what we had been quoted. We were told that the GM was the only person who was authorized to deal with this discrepancy and that she would be in the next day.

Our dealings with Courtney Lankford (the GM) were nothing short of astonishing. When we told her what we were quoted over the phone she claimed that her employees never make a mistake in light of the fact that our deposit (as a percentage of the quoted amount) clearly reflected the lower figure. After presenting her with numerous facts to back up our claim it was apparent from the start that she had no intention of correcting the charges. Later while disputing the charges with our credit card provider she resorted to falsely accusing me of threatening the employees. (in fact, everyone else we had dealings with at the front desk were nothing short of pleasant)

To top it all off, the maids refused to clean our room because we had dogs (in crates) in the room, forcing us to procure our own supplies from the maid carts (toilet paper, clean towels, soap etc.) as well as staying in a dirty room for the next three days. Our dealings with The Breakers and especially Courtney were without a doubt the worst experience we have ever had within the hospitality industry.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family