“Mid-winter visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
New England
“Mid-winter visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent a Monday night here on my way back from Florida a couple of weeks ago. Not surprisingly, there were few other guests there. Check-in was quick and easy, the receptionists were very pleasant, and knew of the open places around town. My room was clean, quiet, warm and very comfortable. Cable TV with wide variety of local and cable channels. Clean bathroom, plenty of hot water for cleaning. Very easy walk to the middle of town. Quite a few venues open for the middle of winter..several nice restuarants and pubs within a 5 minute walk. I am sure the place is much busier during the summer season; but for a quiet evening after a long day's drive, it was all I needed. Checkout in the morning was quick, and there was a small continental breakfast...surprising, as there were so few people staying there, but appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Allentown, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

In all fairness, the rating I have given to this hotel only concerns the pet fee and the charge for parking. I have not yet decided to make a reservation. The pet fee of $50 PER DAY, added to the normal room rate, is ridiculous. We have a small, 18 lb dog. I have not decided to make the reservation yet, for sometime in July, and this additional $150 certainly will be a factor in that decision. And then they charge you $3 a day to park at their own hotel. I am aware of pet fees, at hotels, but to charge to park on their premises, while paying an already inflated amount for the room, seems really greedy. If we decide to go, I expect a decent room and everything in the room working. And, if we go, I will re-report the experience. I had to choose some things in order to put this review through. Keep in mind that I am only rating the 2 subjects, pet fee and parking charge. I am not rating the hotel experience but will later on if we decide to make a reservation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jezzeal

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family was there in April 2012. The staff were polite and helpful. I have a very large dog, who is also very well trained. The clerk had to speak to her manager for the ok. Again everyone was extremely professional. They told me if my dog became a nuisance, we would be asked to leave, (fair enough). This is my only complaint, the rooms that they allow pets in could use some updating. The staff also made several recommendations for dinner, all of which were excellent. They were also very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. The biggest hitch was walking 1 block for breakfast. It is not on the beach, it is 1 block from it, which also means it's a little more affordable. It was more than acceptable. Planning another trip as I write this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce T
Oley, pA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly on check in. But hotel was faded, a bit dirty, etc. After running in the town's delightful half marathon, I went to take a bath and found hair and grass in tub. Water from faucets did not taste good. Maid came in with my wife and I saying no through mthe door while I was undressed after race. There was no do not disturb sign. Great location to downtown and beach though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We decided last minute to head to Rehoboth for a long New Years weekend. I've been coming to Rehoboth for about 17 years and know the area and businesses pretty well. I have stayed in many locations and pretty much know what's available and the quality of what you pay. This is probably my 4th stay at The Breakers and my 4th different experience. The rooms are fine (a little worn) but everything in this area for the most part is worn. The room and lobby area are clean. The customer service is usually all over the place however, this visit the front desk clerk named Denise was incredibly personable, funny, and very efficient. As is usual with most hotels I've experienced lately, the staff is usually the best part. For what we paid this was a good value. We came to relax, eat out, and shop so the room was just a pit stop. I can't imagine paying more for this hotel during peak season. Wait until they run specials or deals otherwise you are over paying.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Not a good experience at this location. We stayed in a overpriced suite in which the AC unit backed up and made our floor wet. The hotel let themselves in with a shop vac while we were at the beach to clean up. My laptop and paperwork got wet and after approaching the front desk they gave me the gm's card. A week later she finally responded in a fashion not showing good customer service. Who is the customer spending $300/ night?? I won't mention names and I prefer not to copy and paste the comments but I can assure you I will never stay here again.
The pull out couch appeared to be very old and worn out. The br bed was comfy but the room smelled like a moldy basement. When I approached the front desk about the water issue I was simply told they had no other rooms and they could " not help me.... The customer!" ........

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael H
Nanjemoy, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had never been to Rehoboth Beach but my daughter and I decided to go for one night. The hotel is in a great location, just a couple blocks to the beach and shopping. The outside of this hotel is very decieving, it is well kept but I was shocked when we got in our room. It looks like everything was new and must have just been renovated. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable and hotel was quiet. The room had a balcony and a refridgerator. The bathroom sink is outside of the shower and toliet which is great when getting ready. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The only negative thing I can possibly say is that when taking a shower the water temperature varied the whole time. It went from comfortable to scolding hot then back to comfortable again. We recieved a voucher for a breakfast buffet at their sister hotel a few blocks away. Glad it was free because it was not that great. We did not go in the indoor pool but it is very small. If I go back to Rehoboth I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel. So it was very quiet.