“Make reservations for food and beer this good.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats

Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Make reservations for food and beer this good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I ate here the day of the Rehoboth Marathon as my reward. I knew the beer was good, very good, but the food was also amazing! The beer is pretty high % so be prepared to drink less than usual. The beers are based off of interesting archeological finds (ancient china, middle east,etc) , interesting concepts, etc. The beer is brewed on site. The food is local. The crab cakes were officially the best I ever had and I have been to Maryland and Delaware a lot. The downsides are that it is crowded so to avoid a long wait make reservations. The layout of the place is very tight so you may also end up bumping into other tables Also they have very small bathrooms.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Beer drinker's paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We spent New Year's Eve here and loved it. We started with dinner at a table and had great service. The burger wasn't world-beating, but the crab cake sandwich was. But you don't come for the food, and the rest of our evening was spent at the bar sampling beers and getting good advice from the friendly staff. A laid back place, much enjoyed.

“Great Food and Fun Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been wanting to eat here for a while. During a conference, our group visited for a meal but it is difficult to get the true feel of a place with 20+ people. I liked it then but my husband and I took a drive down for lunch over the holidays. It was even better. We had a custom beer sampler and our waitress even brought me a "taste" of a 6th beer and didn't charge us. The calamari appetizer was really good. Their wood-grilled pizzas are the best. Fun and interesting combinations. I highly recommend the Revolutionist. I like beer but I find Dogfish Head a little too hoppy for my taste. However, you can usually find a beer to suit any taste given their WIDE selection. If you go in the winter, beware the tables in the front of the bar. There is a nasty draft whenever someone opens the door. And there are a lot of people opening the door to this place. Ask to sit further back towards the kitchen.

• Visited December 2012
arlington, Virginia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Has gone down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

DFH was a good place for food and drinks--was. The menu has changed, although not for the better, and I now find it to be overpriced and mediocre. My husband and I were also in the bathroom for days after eating here.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank sya123
Sleepy Hollow, New York
“Always worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have been many times with friends who are trying to introduce us to quality beer. The food is excellent and the beer selection is superb (even if sometimes my pallet doesn't always recognize it). My favorite was the Midas Touch and the 60 minute IPA. Have also been to many of their special beer/food pairings with friends and they always have a great event.

Visited December 2012