I've been wanting to stay at this B&B for ages, but the in-season prices were a bit too steep. Inez, the owner is selling the house so I'm glad my wife an I finally just spent the weekend there for her birthday. Overall we had a good time but the place did feel a little neglected.
I'll start w/ the positives: Breakfast was amazing and well-prepared. Also, easily adapted for a vegetarian. The dining room is pleasant and Inez did a great job of being attentive and warm but not overwhelming. Actually, in general she was really good at that and that's (unfortunately) a rare talent in B&B owners. I found some of the other guests irritating and two were a little homophobic, but that's not her fault. I also loved the house's resident dog, Xena. She was super friendly and very quiet. The house is spacious, with lots of shared space that would work well for groups. We rarely saw other guests, except at breakfast. There's a hot tub and a small fridge for guests. We stayed in Suite Arlene which has a huge and fabulously pink bathroom. We choose the room b/c of the big clawfoot tub.
Less fabulous: Our room was comfortable, large and clean but I found the decor a bit too busy and fussy for my taste. We peeked into the rest of the rooms and they were all gorgeous and more romantic than Suite Arlene. Arlene is more authentically Victorian perhaps, but I preferred the more dramatic and cohesive color scheme and fewer prints/colors of the other rooms. And while arlene does have the best bathroom, the tub's stopper didn't work well. I wish we would've checked this first thing, by the time we noticed Inez had left and the bathtub was the reason we chose this B&B. Also, our room was fairly dark. In the winter, one of the south facing suites would be better. A few other small things: there was coffee available 24/7 but no unflavored creamer (and the flavored creamer was empty) -- bring some if that's important to you. The tourist info in the room was outdated (for example, the calendar of activities was from fall 2003). The multiple sign/card/envelope in the room about leaving a tip was overkill. The bedside clock's battery was corroded and looked a decade old. And, it was the only hotel we've stayed at in Rehoboth where all of the other guests were straight. That wasn't exactly negative, just surprising.
Overall, we liked the location and Inez (and Xena) more than the room or price. We'll probably stay at Bewitched or Bedazzled next time. But Sea Witch would be a great spot for a honeymoon or anniversary...at least until someone buys it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weekdays only 10% Discount for booking within 48 Hours and a free upgrade if available! Free Parking - 2 blocks from boardwalk and ocean beach - Outdoor showers - Sunken hot tub - Sun filled deck - Pet play area - LED HD TVs in each room - Tax free shopping - Gourmet Breakfast - Pet friendly We supply the beach necessities, chairs and plush Beach towels. Return from the beach to the comfort of two outdoor shower rooms with full amenities including hair dryers, sinks and mirror and clean towels. All amenities are included for both our two legged and four legged guests. We provide shampoo and Furdry Towel robes for your dogs that wicks water away. On site we have a Pet Bathing station & Park that is lit and open 24/7. The two Charmed Bed and Breakfasts houses are adjoined by a common 2000 square foot resort style deck. Nap or sunbathe on the deck, stroll into our village or through our historic streets and fine homes and parks. Gather for afternoon refreshments with dessert. Stay in a romantic room with a whirlpool tub, fireplace. Savor a hearty breakfast with fresh fruit and delicious entrees made with fresh herbs grown on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp and Priceline so you can book your Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bewitched & Bedazzled Bed And Breakfast
- Bewitched & Bedazzled Hotel Rehoboth Beach