“we felt right at home.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toledo, Ohio
“we felt right at home.”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My wife and I wanted to get away for a long weekend to recharge our batteries. This B&B is located within an easy walking distance to the beach, boardwalk, bike rental, Starbucks and Dogfish Head brewery.

One of the main reasons we stayed at this B&B is because they are dog friendly. Our dog felt right at home and we enjoyed having her around. There are several beaches that are dog friendly and Daisy loved chasing the surf and running in the sand.

The bed was comfortable and our room (Judy Garland) was just the right size. Some friends meet us in Rehoboth for lunch and afterwards we all hung out in the common room watching college football. Just like we would do at home.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
severna park
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful 11 year anniversary weekend at the Sea Witch Manor. Inez, the inn keeper, was amazingly accomodating from the moment of checkin until checkout. Although the inn appeared to be full, we felt we had the huge home & patio all to ourselves friday night. Breakfast was delicious & enjoyable...a great time to get to know the other guests. We had dinner at the Cultured Pearl upon Inez's recommendation and it was absolutely delicious with the perfect ambience. We both felt the house was clean and of course it was beautiful. And, although we were on a romantic getaway, we very much enjoyed getting to know Inez. We would highly recommend Sea Witch Manor to anyone...you can't beat the location, accomodations & staff!

Massachusetts
Reviewed September 20, 2010

In fairness, we are not B&B people, so I won't comment on the B&B elements of Sea Witch Manor.

3 long blocks from the beach on a residential street. Convenient to shopping. Felt very cozy and not beachy. Very comfortable bed and very clean and quiet overall.

Multi-course breakfast at a set time is better for people planning on spending the day relaxing and meeting other guests. Not well-suited for those who want to make the most of the beautiful day outside. Sunrise Suite was overpriced for what it was, and the private balcony is over the parking lot.

If I did it again, I would stay at one of the cheaper rooms in the other buildings that have a self-serve continental breakfast.

1 Thank boraboraborabora
Reviewed September 8, 2010

A must stay! Inez is a wonderful inn keeper. This was one of the most beautiful inns that my husband and I have stayed at to date. From now on we will skip the hotel, and go straight to the Sea witch manor!!

• Stayed September 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is a great location. Staff is available and pleasant. Breakfast is generous. Rooms are cute and clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My boyfriend and I were planning a trip to Rehoboth beach for our 1 year anniversary. We are both in our early 20s. After looking at oceanview rooms at several overpriced hotels on the boardwalk, I decided to look into B&Bs instead. Many people may think B&Bs are for older couples and aren't necessarily geared toward the young-folk, but you are all so terribly wrong! The Sea Witch is a wonderful place to stay (regardless if your 22 or 60) with every amenity a big hotel chain just can't deliver. You 20-somethings out there don't know what you're missing!

The Sea Witch is located on Lake Avenue, just off of the main drag of Rehoboth and a 15 min walk to the beach. It has a large front porch complete with cushioned tables, chairs and swings. In the backyard there is a jacuzzi which we enjoyed friday night. The backyard also has a foot shower and full shower for when you come back from the beach and don't want to drag sand into your room and bathroom. We stayed in Suite Arlene which has a king bed, fireplace, and large bathroom.

As for the staff and service: Inez, the owner, was around whenever we had a question (despite owning 2 more houses next door) and was very helpful with everything we needed. She suggested the restaurant "Claws" to us (among others) and we decided to eat there for our anniversary dinner, which was absolutely phenomenal and well-priced. She made breakfast at 9:30 every morning. This gave us motivation to get up early and not sleep in until 11! On Friday, she baked bran muffins, pancakes and chicken sausage. We ate with a middle-aged gay couple from California (we're from Maryland) and it was very interesting to talk with them. Inez talked with us too over breakfast and it was lovely hearing about her life. Saturday morning she made fresh peach muffins (I snuck one in my beach bag to eat during our ride home!), and eggs benedict with rosemary. This was not your typical "continental" breakfast at a hotel! On the morning we checked out, Inez told us we could still make use of the free parking, patio, and bathroom on the main floor if we wanted to go to the beach for the day.

Also, I had read on tripadvisor while I was researching that the Sea Witch is haunted. On Thursday afternoon when my boyfriend was showering after being at the beach, I was sitting on our bed watching TV and I heard him yell something to me. I asked him to repeat himself but he didn't respond so I continued what I was doing. When he got out he said to me in an exasperated tone, "Did you really have to keep coming in and tapping me?" Of course, I had no idea what he was talking about. He said someone tapped him on the shoulder at least 3 times while he was in the shower and he heard footsteps but when he looked out of the curtain, no one was there and the door was still shut (that's what he was yelling about) He didn't believe me when I said I didn't do it, and I also didn't believe his story (thinking he was trying to scare me) but it was obvious that he was serious. Inez told us, from her experience, that the ghost was kind and meant no harm but needless to say I was rather alert while showering the next 2 days!

The only negative I can think of about the Sea Witch is that we rarely saw other B&B guests (there was only 1 other room occupied while we were there) and it was somewhat unsettling to feel like the only people in this very large house. But we spent most of our time out and at the beach so this wasn't very noticeable. I wish we could have stayed longer than 2 nights at the Sea Witch!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We have stayed at the Sea Witch Manor twice this summer so far, and we definitely plan on going back again. Its a charming B&B that is only 3 blocks from the beach and not even a block from the main avenue in rehoboth where there is plenty of shopping and dining. The B&B is charming in the way they have decorated all the rooms to fit "Bewitched" or their "bedazzled" themes. It certainly makes the experience memorable. The rooms are cozy and themed after a character and have the majority of ameneties that we are used to...internet, beach towels, beach chairs, and you even get premium candies when you arrive! Part of the charm is the antique furniture, however my only complaint are the firmer older matresses used on the beds. but when you are at the beach you really arent spending that much time in your room anyways.
The staff and inkeeper are extremely friendly and helpful. The best part of all however, is waking up in the morning to the smell of homemade muffins. Also, unlike some of the other hotels in the area, the Sea Witch Manor on the day you check out allows their guests to leave their cars in their parking lot and use their outdoor showers if guests would like to enjoy the beach through the afternoon before heading home.
We've enjoyed the facilities and services at the Sea Witch Manor both times we have visited this summer, and as I mentioned we will definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2010