All reviews humphrey bogart judy garland room tv show other guests hot tub homemade muffins bed and breakfast get away charming b b dog run pet friendly place iced tea every morning relaxing weekend off street parking the main street french toast
Reviewed September 2, 2008

No welcome, no tour of amenities. Where's your money - here's the room...after we finally tracked someone down (right at check-in time, by the way, not some strange hour of the day). Establishment is overpriced, junky not kitchy like the photos, noisy street, and our shower was dirty and didn't have a shower head. Our room had peeling paint on the door, and ripped wallpaper by the lightswitch. The TVs are the size of a postage stamp, no phones in the rooms, 'fireplaces' are fake electric ones. My daughter's shower was very moldy and her muffin had a hair in it (human). Her room was stifling hot til the middle of the night and she had no screens on the windows so she couldn't open them. My husband hurt his back hauling stuff to the second floor up the narrow rickety staircase, when we had requested a first floor room and were told we were getting a free same-floor "upgrade".
They advertise dog-friendly status and have no separate common areas for dog people so when a renter from the next building complained about our dog - we were told to leave. 3 rooms, 3 nights - almost $2,000 - and we are asked to leave after one night, no refunds.
Later when I read their policy that was emailed to me with a receipt on our way home, it said your DOG would have to leave and I would have been happy to put her in a kennel since my son and daughter both came from different states to join us here for a family vacation but that was not offered as an option.
When I looked back at my other emailed receipts to see why they sent another one after we got home, I noticed that the 'dog policy' was a new addition AFTER we left. Worst vacation experience ever. I not only won't stay there again but not in Rehoboth or any B&B ever again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank b1379r
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe "suite" although it is really a small room with a private bath. The room was special, filled with Monroe things, etc. However, the bathroom was gross - the jetted tub had moldy caulking and moldy jets and were never cleaned (it also smelled very musty all the time). The room is on the first floor on the street and lots of noise came in from the street - it was hard to sleep.

At check-in, it took an hour to get checked in and we patiently waited in the kitchen. When it was our turn, the welcome was not warm. The bill wasn't correct, but after that was sorted out, we were admonished by whoever checked us in to move our car as close to the next as possible. Throughout the entire 5 days we stayed, we were continually questioned about which car was ours (even though we didn't move it at all).

We only received beach towels in the room once, and the other four days we had to search for more. When I first asked about the towels from the woman who checked us in, I felt like we were interrogated because the towels were supposed to be in the room. She asked me 3 times if I was sure the towels weren't in my room. After confirming they were not (maybe she finally believed me), we were supplied with the towels. Then we knew where to get them because we had to hunt for them.

The breakfast was okay. It was a continental breakfast and if you didn't wake up early, you got left overs from what people didn't want. So, sometimes there were no hard boiled eggs, little fruit, etc. When you could grab a muffin, those were GOOD.

The main living room in BEDazzled was really nice, with comfy loungers and a huge TV on the wall, but the sound never worked, so you couldn't watch TV or a DVD. We had a small TV in the room, but it didn't have a remote control in our room and no offer to supply one.

The walk to the beach is 2 & 1/2 lonnnnggg blocks (almost a 10 minute walk). These are very long blocks, but good access to the main drag.

They have a wonderful deck with tables and chairs and a sunken hot tub. However!!! The foliage surrounding the deck is infested with some type of bug like aphids (whatever they are, the lady bugs and flies LUV to eat them!). The wind carries these white things all over the tables and into whatever you are eating and drinking, so it is pretty gross.

I've been to many B&B's and this is the most lacking in service and amenities. I know people have written some glowing reviews, which is why we booked, but we were not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank happyinva06
Reviewed August 3, 2008

The Sea Witch B& B is a beautifully decorated place to stay. Spotlessly clean, delicious breakfast served on the victorian front porch consisting of warm muffins, plenty of coffee, fresh fruit, juice, and great entree. Staff is pleasantly helpful. Beds are comfortable. We stayed in 2 different rooms- both beautiful, comfortable, and CLEAN. Walking distance to the beach and boardwalk, and plenty of shopping. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Sea Witch Manor, Rehoboth Beach, and we wish we could've stayed longer.
Inez is a terrific hostess. She makes you feel very welcome, cooks beautiful breakfasts, and has added many extras to make your stay a memorable one. There is the hot-tub, extra towels, and beach chairs all available for guests to use and homemade cookies, cordials, coffee and wireless internet readily available.
We stayed in the Sunrise Suite. It has a gorgeous and very comfortable 4-poster bed complete with sheers, soothing whirlpool tub, separate sitting area and a private balcony; all ideal for making your visit extra special.
Sea Witch Manor is perfectly located; the beach, many fantastic restaurants and bars, and great stores are only a short walk away.
This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and Inez and her staff at the Sea Witch Manor made it perfect! Thank you from Sheryl & Alan.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Very poor value for the money. To sum it up briefly...the breakfast was so bad we went out to eat later that morning. Burnt muffins, curdled cream, out of coffee, out of eggs...enough said. Several guests made comments to each other and were very disappointed. Took the time to notify owners and there was no response. The place was clean...otherwise I cannot recommend this place. You can do much better. Their vacancy rate is high during peak for a reason!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family