“It was okay...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“It was okay...”
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We stayed in the Marilyn Monroe "suite" although it is really a small room with a private bath. The room was special, filled with Monroe things, etc. However, the bathroom was gross - the jetted tub had moldy caulking and moldy jets and were never cleaned (it also smelled very musty all the time). The room is on the first floor on the street and lots of noise came in from the street - it was hard to sleep.

At check-in, it took an hour to get checked in and we patiently waited in the kitchen. When it was our turn, the welcome was not warm. The bill wasn't correct, but after that was sorted out, we were admonished by whoever checked us in to move our car as close to the next as possible. Throughout the entire 5 days we stayed, we were continually questioned about which car was ours (even though we didn't move it at all).

We only received beach towels in the room once, and the other four days we had to search for more. When I first asked about the towels from the woman who checked us in, I felt like we were interrogated because the towels were supposed to be in the room. She asked me 3 times if I was sure the towels weren't in my room. After confirming they were not (maybe she finally believed me), we were supplied with the towels. Then we knew where to get them because we had to hunt for them.

The breakfast was okay. It was a continental breakfast and if you didn't wake up early, you got left overs from what people didn't want. So, sometimes there were no hard boiled eggs, little fruit, etc. When you could grab a muffin, those were GOOD.

The main living room in BEDazzled was really nice, with comfy loungers and a huge TV on the wall, but the sound never worked, so you couldn't watch TV or a DVD. We had a small TV in the room, but it didn't have a remote control in our room and no offer to supply one.

The walk to the beach is 2 & 1/2 lonnnnggg blocks (almost a 10 minute walk). These are very long blocks, but good access to the main drag.

They have a wonderful deck with tables and chairs and a sunken hot tub. However!!! The foliage surrounding the deck is infested with some type of bug like aphids (whatever they are, the lady bugs and flies LUV to eat them!). The wind carries these white things all over the tables and into whatever you are eating and drinking, so it is pretty gross.

I've been to many B&B's and this is the most lacking in service and amenities. I know people have written some glowing reviews, which is why we booked, but we were not impressed.

• Liked — The building and room were decorated beautifully - you could tell a lot of time and attention went into it.
  • Disliked — Breakfast, bathroom cleanliness, bugs outside
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank happyinva06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
PA
Reviewed August 3, 2008

The Sea Witch B& B is a beautifully decorated place to stay. Spotlessly clean, delicious breakfast served on the victorian front porch consisting of warm muffins, plenty of coffee, fresh fruit, juice, and great entree. Staff is pleasantly helpful. Beds are comfortable. We stayed in 2 different rooms- both beautiful, comfortable, and CLEAN. Walking distance to the beach and boardwalk, and plenty of shopping. Definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — The clean and beautiful atmosphere.
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Sea Witch Manor, Rehoboth Beach, and we wish we could've stayed longer.
Inez is a terrific hostess. She makes you feel very welcome, cooks beautiful breakfasts, and has added many extras to make your stay a memorable one. There is the hot-tub, extra towels, and beach chairs all available for guests to use and homemade cookies, cordials, coffee and wireless internet readily available.
We stayed in the Sunrise Suite. It has a gorgeous and very comfortable 4-poster bed complete with sheers, soothing whirlpool tub, separate sitting area and a private balcony; all ideal for making your visit extra special.
Sea Witch Manor is perfectly located; the beach, many fantastic restaurants and bars, and great stores are only a short walk away.
This was our first visit to Rehoboth Beach and Inez and her staff at the Sea Witch Manor made it perfect! Thank you from Sheryl & Alan.

• Liked — Luxury and quality of accommodation
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Philly
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Very poor value for the money. To sum it up briefly...the breakfast was so bad we went out to eat later that morning. Burnt muffins, curdled cream, out of coffee, out of eggs...enough said. Several guests made comments to each other and were very disappointed. Took the time to notify owners and there was no response. The place was clean...otherwise I cannot recommend this place. You can do much better. Their vacancy rate is high during peak for a reason!

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank dmk166
Northern VA
Reviewed June 27, 2008

This is the 6th year my husband and I have stayed at the Bedazzled B&B. We vacation in Rehoboth every year and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Inez is a wonderful hostess, and makes sure her guests are having a good time. The rooms in Bedazzled are all decorated with movie star themes. We have stayed in the Clark Gable room and the Marilyn Monroe room and they are both very comfortable and white glove clean. The whole place is immaculately clean. There are refrigerators in the kitchens where guests can store their drinks. There is a wonderful large deck in back of Bewitched and Bedazzled where we enjoy a glass of wine after we get back from dinner or just reading a book when we get back from the beach. The deck is also where you can eat breakfast on nice roomy glass tables with umbrellas. The hot tub on the deck is a great feature. There are outdoor showers that are stocked with an abundance of towels, shampoo, lotion and soap. Beach chairs and beach towels are avaiable for the guests to use as well. As I said in the beginning-we would never stay anywhere else in Rehoboth. We look forward to coming to Bedazzled every year.

• Liked — It is comfortable and extremely clean
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DASYIP
pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2008

me and my wife just came home from a 4 day stay at the sea witch inn and we had wonderful time.we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was very clean witch is important to me and had one the top whirlpool tubs i ever enjoyed.me and my wife have stayed in about 15 b and bs so far and when i go i must have a whirlpool tub.most the jets are just for decoration but this one will rock ur world and relax ur muscles.i am a smoker and it had a nice little balcony which saved me a trip downstairs and me and my wife were able to enjoy a nice romantic dinner at home.i definitley recommend this to the travler who enjoys quality and cleanness.the bed was also the perfect firm ness for a good nights sleep.Enes your in keeper is also a excellent cook and can cater breakfast to most of your needs overall area location is excellent to shops and beach. 9.0 out of ten

• Liked — whirlpool tub
  • Disliked — balcony is nice but a little small
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kujo18651
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The moment my mom and I stepped through the doors, we were greeted by kisses from the official greeters of the Sea Witch Manor Inn, namely, Rudy and Zena, the owners' cava-shon "daug-ters" along with personal introductions from both Inez and Kathleen. How comforting to come in and immediately be treated as though we were part of the family.
After they helped us upstairs with our bags to "Elsie's Escape", we enjoyed a tour of some of the other rooms I had previously only viewed on-line. How beautiful and unique was each of the suites as it came alive with its mural, canopy bed, or piece of antique furniture decorated down to the the smallest detail. Mom and I had not experienced this level of quality since we did a B&B tour of Ireland and visited family there.
We enjoyed exquisite breakfasts of hot, home-made muffins with an herbed spinach quiche with special chicken sausages or eggs benedict and prepared fresh berries with yogurt, a special recipe muffin called "morning glories" and tea or fresh hot coffee and juices, all served with lovely antique china.
Since we hit a few rainy days in Rehoboth this week before Thanksgiving, we relaxed an afternoon away watching old movies from a big selection available in the adjoining property, Bewitched B&B. It was fun to watch family movies from circa 1938 while lounging on Victorian furniture. We also brought a rented movie along to watch, and when it kept skipping, Inez just happened to have the same movie in her collection so we could finish viewing it.
I liked having free access to wireless internet, so I could stay connected with work and home, as needed. It was also cool to look up outlet hours and coupons before heading out to the Tanger Outlets out on Route one, with no sales tax in Delaware. This place really did have all the comforts of my home, but it was much more beautiful and clean, and filled with lots of art--heck, I could even shop right outside my bedroom door in the hallway filled with small paintings for sale.
I know I'm really going on, but I really can't wait to go back to stay in the Bewitched house over Christmas break, stay in Aunt Clara's room, and bring along Madalina, my Yorkie-Apso, to hang out at the beach by day and watch movies by night, in style!
I don't have any pictures yet, but will post them soon. ENJOY.

Stayed November 2007