“Rehoboth weekend get away” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC
“Rehoboth weekend get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Bewitched & BEDazzled. First I'll start off with the good. The facility was clean and tidy. The owner and the workers were very friendly and outgoing. They made it a point to talk to us and get our story. Breakfast was an eclectic mix on the two days we were there but was good overall. The location was within walking distance to the beach and boardwalk as well as all the restaurants. This is good because parking anywhere near the beach is a nightmare. The meters are basically 24hrs and it's difficult to find one that is available. Plus we had parking out back of the B&B and they were kind enough to give us a parking permit the one day that we wanted to lug a bunch of beach gear so we could park closer (there are residential parking within walking distance of the beach but it requires a permit).

Some quibbles that I had were the wireless signal from our room was weak but serviceable. My only quip against breakfast was the orange juice tasted literally watered down. Our room was quite small for the price we paid per night but we didn't spend all that much time in the room so it wasn't a big deal. It would have been nice to get a tour of the place to see where all the common areas.

Overall, we had an enjoyable experience. The graciousness of the host and good service more than made up for some of the small quibbles I had with the place. If we come to Rehoboth again, we likely would strongly consider staying there again. We would also recommend it to a friend or family member who is considering a B&B at Rehoboth.

1 Thank jabreal00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Washington, dC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I had to make last minute arrangements for a summer stay with my daughter (24) and son (17). I also wanted a pet-friendly place. We had never been to Rehoboth and I had not been to a B & B in over 30 years. Bedazzled and Bewitched is a quaint, cozy, and appealing B & B that elicits lots of nostalgia - we stayed in the Bewitched House with all the photos of that show that I grew up watching.

The B & B is in an excellent location - about a 12-15 minute walk from the beach and boardwalk through a nice neighborhood and a 5-10 minute walk to many restaurants on Rehoboth Avenue.

Inez Conover was extremely helpful in helping our dog acclimate to the new place - her office was stocked with a supplement for dogs to help them calm down and she had a crate on hand so we could leave him in the room on the first day without worrying. He acclimated easily.

Also, when we discovered our room (Aunt Clara's room) was too small for the 3 of us, Inez was most accommodating in giving us a good deal on getting an additional room.

We enjoyed eating breakfast on the deck in the mornings and Patrick as well as inez and other staff were most friendly in serving us. Patrick is a whiz at making delectable sweets.

I will say that it was my fault that I did not think much about breakfast before coming despite having many dietary restrictions. Be advised that if you are vegetarian/vegan/avoid sweets and do not like to eat bacon/sausage and lots of gourmet sweets selections for breakfast, you need to inform Inez and Patrick in advance. I did not feel right in saying I could not or did not wish to eat many of the items since it was my fault for not alerting them ahead of time.

I am giving this place only average though on sleep quality and the rooms average because the Aunt Clara room, although quiet, cute, and nicely decorated - was so small. I do yoga every morning and even though I am petite (5'2), I could barely stretch my body fully in any direction - there was almost no free floor space. I shared the room with my daughter and I felt really cramped. The bathroom was also small and the sink was tiny. We had to pile our toiletries on the floor.

Overall, though, this

Room Tip: Ask about the size of your room. A couple seeking a romantic getaway would enjoy the Samantha and D...
Green Features: This B & B is environmentally conscious- bravo! There are recycling bins and guests are encouraged to reuse towels etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank laurayoga
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having preciously stayed at the larger, now closed Seawitch, this was our first stay at the smaller Bedazzled. The rooms are indeed smaller but the service is wonderful including the gourmet breakfast. The inn's staff was welcoming and it was a throughly enjoyable stay.

1 Thank anne_dougherty
Clarksburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I found B&B on BringFido.com but even without dogs, my husband and I would stay here. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and friendly place to stay, this is it. It is close to some of our favorite restaurants (Cultured Pearl, Summer House, etc) and on Tuesday, we even walked to the Farmer's Market with our dogs. It is in "downtown" Rehoboth without all the noisy summer traffic with people coming and going at all hours of the night. Just a really nice find.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Clark Gable room. It is small, as advertised, but we didn't feel cramped. The r...
Green Features: They recycle and breakfast is served, not buffet style. We prefer this because food is fresh and isn't sitting out being wasted.
1 Thank DogLady06
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I hadn't ever planned a weekend around accommodating the dog, but this one was well worth it. The owners/staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was nice to be close to the action, but off the beaten path during the very busy month of August. I would recommend this place and definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little small, so go for one of the larger. Size of the room is really no concern given...
1 Thank Kirk M
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was truly a pleasure to stay at Bewitched B&B! Initially, I was not impressed with the pictures, but they don't do it justice. The rooms are indeed on the smaller side, however they make up for it in flair and cleanliness! Most importantly, the entire staff was AMAZING!... accommodating, pleasant, friendly, and helpful. And so were their dogs :))

One suggestion: it would be good if they had bikes available to ride into town.
All in all, it was a great experience and I would definitely go back!!!

Cristian

1 Thank Cristian P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wonderful and accommodating! Everyone was very friendly, even the guests! Loved the themes of the rooms, filled with history! And they allow dogs. I would recommend this place and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family