As part of a “last minute” decision to visit some family in the Rehoboth/Lewes area, my husband and I searched online for a decent place to stay overnight that would allow accommodations for our Tibetan Terrier, Sari. We made sure we were within the beaches’ schedules to allow dogs along the boardwalk, as we really wanted to let her experience a real beach for the first time in the 3 years we’ve had her, and specifically wanted to stay close to the water. We were also on budget, so when we found the “Samantha and Darrin” room at Bewitched & Bedazzled, just 3 blocks from the boardwalk, it seemed like the perfect place! We weren’t prepared for just how perfect…
Upon our Wednesday arrival we met with Inez, who had taken the opportunity to upgrade us to the “Humphrey Bogart” room, for free, since we were the only patrons staying that night! It was such a kind and unexpected gesture, and truly appreciated. The room was perfect! So charming, with gorgeous hardwood flooring, a beautiful fireplace, stunning 4-poster bed, Jacuzzi tub, and some incredibly interesting Bogart artifacts and replicas. In fact, the entire house is just decked out with amazing posters and art pieces! My husband is more of the classic movie buff, and he was thoroughly impressed. I just thought it all looked really cool!
Because our stay was so short, we didn’t really have enough time to take advantage of things like the enclosed deck and hot tub, or the 1,000s of movies on the great big TV in the living room (with Apple TV and a Wii!). But Sari did get some good use of the fenced in “dog run” which was very convenient for potty needs.
The following morning, breakfast was served in the (again, very charming) sun porch, by Patrick, and it was delicious! Our day was properly started with waffles for me, and a specifically requested (the night before, and fulfilled without a hitch) gluten-free version for my husband, both with pears, sausage, and a fresh fruit cup. I also got a delicious, freshly baked blueberry muffin.
It was so nice to have a place we could feel comfortable bringing Sari, because we’ve yet to take her on any overnights before this trip. She also got along very well with both of Inez’s adorable pups, and with Patrick’s (enormous and incredibly gentle) Malmut, Rook. I can say honestly, and without any doubt, we won’t even consider looking elsewhere the next time we take the trip down to DE. We will book and stay at the “B&B” B&B!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weekdays only 10% Discount for booking within 48 Hours and a free upgrade if available! Free Parking - 2 blocks from boardwalk and ocean beach - Outdoor showers - Sunken hot tub - Sun filled deck - Pet play area - LED HD TVs in each room - Tax free shopping - Gourmet Breakfast - Pet friendly We supply the beach necessities, chairs and plush Beach towels. Return from the beach to the comfort of two outdoor shower rooms with full amenities including hair dryers, sinks and mirror and clean towels. All amenities are included for both our two legged and four legged guests. We provide shampoo and Furdry Towel robes for your dogs that wicks water away. On site we have a Pet Bathing station & Park that is lit and open 24/7. The two Charmed Bed and Breakfasts houses are adjoined by a common 2000 square foot resort style deck. Nap or sunbathe on the deck, stroll into our village or through our historic streets and fine homes and parks. Gather for afternoon refreshments with dessert. Stay in a romantic room with a whirlpool tub, fireplace. Savor a hearty breakfast with fresh fruit and delicious entrees made with fresh herbs grown on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp and Priceline so you can book your Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bewitched & Bedazzled Bed And Breakfast
- Bewitched & Bedazzled Hotel Rehoboth Beach