“The worst B&B we've ever visited!”

Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“The worst B&B we've ever visited!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I wanted a nice getaway for our anniversary, but this B&B was terrible! From the start, the innkeeper (Inez) was rude and inconsiderate. We called ahead to let her know that we were stuck in traffic and instead of being understanding, she threatened to charge us extra if we did not arrive by 10pm. Upon arrival she did not say hi, but went straight to charge our credit card. I then said hello and she responded without making any eye contact! She was simply miserable. The room was extremely small and there was no privacy. There was a gap of about 2-3 inches between the bottom of the door to our room and the hardwood floor so we literally had to whisper when talking to each other for privacy! It was loud and we did not have a restful sleep due to early awakenings when breakfast was being made (banging in the kitchen), people walking back and forth in front of our room, loud gushes of water from the pipes in the wall every time someone above flushed the toilet, and noise from the street because the window panes were so old, thin, and cracked in some places! The breakfast was a great disappointment too. There was no buffet as advertised and they completely disregarded our dietary restrictions, despite being told ahead of time that we do not eat pork. Needless to say, we will not be recommending this place to any of our friends or family. I think people rate it well only because it is pet friendly. If you decide to waste your money on this place, good luck; hope you have a better experience than we did.

Room Tip: Do not chose the Kravitz room! It is very small and you will not be able to sleep well due to noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nat Y
RBInnkeeper, Owner at Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
This is a Bed and Breakfast, where the owners are the majority of the staff. This couple made their reservation on line via Our web site, which is very detail oriented with both description, location and at least 6 photos of every room. Prior to reserving a room you have the opportunity to select an available room based upon true pictures. In addition our prior to taking any personal information we ask you to review and agree to our Policies, which clearly state that arrival after 10 PM is an additional fee. This gentleman took the time to write out a detailed request to do something special because it was their anniversary and his Birthday. I took the time and hand made him a special birthday card and the couple a handmade Anniversary card, and they were in their room upon arrival. The particular room selected by these guest is a quiet room. It is down the front hallway where no other rooms are located, and we ask guest not to use the front hall door so that the guest in this room do not have people go up and down the hall past their room. The exception to this is at Breakfast, the sun breakfast room is in the front of the Home. They were the last guest to arrive, after 10:30 and no additional fee was charged. No cars were using the driveway. We are located steps from everything so 99% of our guest walk everyplace, and do not move their car till they leave. In addition when you make a reservation online we ask if you have any special requirements for Breakfast. Upon arriving at 10:30 PM they advised me that they did not eat pork. Evening shopping was not possible. Even though as most B&B's we serve a special gourmet breakfast every morning, prior to serving it individually to our guest we explain every dish and its contents to each guest prior to serving it to them. As was the case for these guest. When they were served as requested Baked Oatmeal with saluted peaches, moments later they advised the serving innkeeper that they did not want it..Could they have an Omelet we complied and fixed them both an omelets. They requested an alternative to pork and since we did not have advanced knowledge of their needs we could not accommodate them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
reading, pa.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything was better than I expected. We are cat people, but enjoyed the dogs that were visiting.
The other guests were all very friendly, and the morning conversation was a good start to the day. The hosts Inez and Patrick were professional, personable, and friendly. We were totally comfortable from the beginning. Great Breakfast! They surprised us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary...Thanks again...!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast was a royal treat! Each day a healthy delicious and expertly presented meal. The staff was exceptional and rooms very nicely done. The price was better than its neighbors run down hotel the br------! Patrick has the makings of a top chef! Inez a true sweetheart! We will surely be back. Their clients were all great fun folks who we enjoyed very much. You won't be disappointed!

Trish and Mike

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have stayed twice at this B&B and both experiences have been perfect. I've stayed in both houses, and in one, the room was slightly larger. In the smaller house, the room wasn't quite as large but was certainly big enough for my friend and I to share, with two double beds. Add the outside showers, which are perfect after returning from the beach and I think this is a wonderful place to stay in Rehoboth. I will return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bewitched and Bedazzled was everything they claim it to be: excellent condition, clean, comfortable, warm and welcoming. In addition It has personality and soul. We were looking for a pet friendly hotel for my first trip with a dog and it could not have been better. (As a fussy guest, I can assure you there was no mold and no pet odor). The accommodation and service are exceptional for both humans and pets! While the B and B is 2 and half blocks from the beach, it is on a quiet block at night and near a Starbucks by day. We were delighted to discover a pet friendly beach-all day- only a mile away. Sure, this B&B would be even better if it were ocean front but given the special accommodations we were looking for, we were very satisfied and even preferred being a block away from the more active restaurants and bars. Quiet yet close. Eat at Zebra across the street for a special dinner-- wonderful!! Special appreciation goes to Patrick for responding to our every need (including dietary restrictions) and Inez for the extra care and supplies for making our dog more at home. A winner.

Room Tip: We liked being upstairs away from the common area, but having said that, my relative liked being on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This dump was so deplorable that we went to a real hotel for the same price because these liars had escalated the cost with fees to upwards of 200.00 for a mildewed room without a bathroom on that floor and not even a flat screen tv! When my family and I had gotten there and saw how really awful this was and complained about it, we waited about half and hour for someone to scream at us that we would be getting no refund for what we found out was really 200 instead of 130. The kids almost cried. This hellhole will cost you your time and money but most importantly your vacation.

Room Tip: just dont go
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank John B
RBInnkeeper, Owner at Bewitched & BEDazzled Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Hi I am the owner of this incredible Bed & Breakfast, it is spotless and we have no mold. I was also the one who booked this room, it was our last room available for a busy weekend, I made clear to this guest that the room, where we provide robes, slippers, totes and amenities utilized a bath and a half on the floor above. She said that was fine, that her son and a daughter would be OK . Upon arrival the guest and her family was shown the room and all of our amenities, all was fine After they checked into the room, and brought in their luggage, the teens went into the hot tub and then, they went to the beach with our towels and chairs. Five hours later contacted one on my staff and stated that she did not like that the kids had to use a bath and a half available to them on the floor above. I was unavailable, she was asked to wait a few minutes until I returned to the office, She asked a guest if they knew where I lived and she proceeded to enter my private apartment without even knocking. The other guest were appalled at the entire incident and this woman was embarrassed for all that commotion she was causing. In addition to the two baths our guest have access to two outdoor enclosed showers rooms with a shower area and a mirror and sink and all amenities to include a hair dryer. Once I advised the woman that she was not getting a refund, she said she would keep the keys so I could not re-rent the room. I agreed the room was hers for the weekend.
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My two night stay was an extraordinary experience! Patrick made our stay so comfortable I can't wait to go back again. Hot breakfast was prepared each morning, The oatmeal bake was my favorite! Oatmeal that was sliced like a cake with blueberries in it placed on top of a bed of strawberries and yogurt on top was pure heaven. Not only was the food good the service and location of the B & B was awesome. Close to the boardwalk, beach, and stores. My adult son, dog and I had an unforgettable mini vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family