All reviewscontinental breakfastbagelsquiet areafrench doorsoff seasonsmall poolshared balconymini fridgepool and hot tubfirst floorneeded a place to stayking roomdogfish headflat screen tveach morninglong weekenddogs
Reviewed October 6, 2017

I book Canal Side Inn back in Feberuary of 2017 for my bithday September 15, 2017 when they were running a special . I went there for a weekend getaway. I had some much fun there, I would love to go back again. I love the contenial breakfeast. The bed was comzy and the Pool and jazzi was just right. Love the free loaner bikes. The hotel is only a fews blocks away from the town if you don't mind walking a little bit like me, its fine. I love begin able to go to shops and resturants and sight see ect Within a few mintunes from my hotel. I had a very Wonderful birthday. Nowhere is perfect but I only have a few cons about this place. 1. The 10:00 p.m curfew 2. There's nets sometimes in the bagel and muffins box 3. No mirowave in the rooms That's all really other then those things it was beautiful and an amazing getway. I will be coming back soon , maybe next year when its back to the warm seasons. I would like to say thank you angain to the owners ;)

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
CanalsideInn, Owner at Canalside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thanks for staying at our hotel for your birthday trip, Michelle. We're glad you had a fun time in the area! We appreciate your feedback and will keep it in mind. We look forward to your return in the future!

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

we were told that they were dog friendly apon arriving i was asked to sign a paper if dog goes on bed or chair you will pay ,if you leave them alone they must be crated,no barking ect,the owner had 3 dogs there that werr constantly barking.then i spent some time at dogfish head and i had some beers i did not want to frive nack so ee walked. my car was not in there parking lot so i guess they thought i wasnt there. really early the next morning 4-5 someone knocked on our door i jumped up and said whos there ,no responce so i opened the door ,no one there. i went back to sleep,mind you do not disterb sign is on the door. about an hour later still sleeping the door opens then quickly closed , i got up ran to the door ,no one there but maid cart. do not disturb on door .creepy place never again .i dont have time to write the rest,no privacy

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank liptaguslock
CanalsideInn, Owner at Canalside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

We assure you that our customers' privacy is a top priority for our hotel. We would never intentionally intrude on our guests. Additionally, we do have protocols in place to ensure the pets who visit our hotel are well-behaved and won't cause destruction to the room. All this said, we are truly sorry that you weren't impressed by your visit. We hope to show you what we're really about in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

This place was perfect for a weekend getaway for my husband and me. Located at the end of the street in a nice, quiet neighborhood. Our room was clean and had a nice little balcony with chairs. We enjoyed the hot tub at the end of a long day. It was nice to be able to just park our car and walk everywhere in town.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
CanalsideInn, Owner at Canalside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Tina, it's wonderful you enjoyed the comfortable room, hotel amneities, and our convenience location. Thanks for staying at our hotel. We hope you return again in the future!

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at Canalside - lovely rooms and decor throughout calm and tasteful. We particularly enjoyed using the bikes to go to Cape Henlopen . Quiet location near the river. Good continental breakfast with tasty bagels in kitchen/lounge room down the stairs .

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise H
CanalsideInn, Owner at Canalside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Denise, it's wonderful you enjoyed your stay at our bed and breakfast. We're glad you especially liked the convenient location and using the bikes to get around. Thanks for taking the time to write this kind review! We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

GREAT first impression which continued throughout the trip. Fresh and clean. Wonderful people. Peaceful if needed. One mile from the beach, shopping and great restaurants.Dog friendly. My entire family WILL be back including the dogs!

Room Tip: Since we had dogs we were given a room on the first floor, something I wouldn't have picked but truly loved it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynne K

Fantastic to hear, Lynne! We're so glad your family and pups all had a great time staying at our inn. Thank you for the support! We look forward to your return in the future.