Summer Place Hotel
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$278
Official Hotel
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Sandcastle Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
$109
$106
Brighton Suites Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
The Bellmoor Inn and Spa(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Breakfast included
$99
Avenue Inn & Spa(Rehoboth Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
Admiral on Baltimore(Rehoboth Beach)
TripAdvisor
Henlopen Hotel(Rehoboth Beach)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The keeper of this place is not friendly, cureous or pleasent at all. He has a face like he is upset miserable just irritable he has been working there tooo long and is burned out. From the entrance with no curb appeal to the front office with clutter everywhere from inflatable bed on the floor, old trophies and junk it's pretty bad. The room was berely okay room # 19 very small even for two people. The bed cover looked was very faded in color and old we went out and bought our own blackets and sheets. We stayed for two days, but will not stay here again. The location is great because the beach is a block away and restaurants and stores within walking distance. Parking sucks only has room to park max 5 car then you are given a pass to park in neighboring streets which they are always full. One thing I can say this place has potential for becoming a better place however, staff is burnt out and you can see from the way the place is kept.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank penelope1159
Management response:Responded October 12, 2010

We are an old guesthouse that has been on this site for 105 years. It was totally gutted in93 with periodic remodeling every year.

The rooms, admittedly, are rather small and VERY close to the beach. Despite the relative low price we get alot of use and are contually painting, cleaning etc. The rooms are rarely vacant during the summer and require constant work.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I had stayed earlier in the summer because it was a last minute trip and Summerplace had availability and the price was right. That stay was just OK - mainly because of the location and price - but there were some problems with service and cleanliness and it was a VErY small room. I took a chance and went back recently but I guess i pushed my luck! The "newly remodeled kitchen" (in a condo) on the web site was a small area of run down appliances and a broken refrigerator with no dish towels, sponges, paper products or accompanying amenities anywhere in sight. Our air conditioner window units seemed ancient and our washing machine was broken (he should splurge for a regular size fridge instead of taking up the room with washer and dryer).The area right outside our "condo" door was where the trash bins are kept, the exposed wiring is hung, and the bin of dirty hotel sheets is stored, in addition to being the area people hang out near the soda and ice machine. the maid service seemed nonexistent and the owner (Dan) ended up telling me to get my own towels and supplies from the storage closet. As for Dan he is unfriendly and a bit disorganized - he gave up our parking spot twice which was very upsetting! I also dont like how you have to pay for the entirety of your trip, and parking (which is inconvenient) all up front and in full. My friends and I came to call the place our "dorm" so I guess if you are some college kids used to that kind of thing then this may be worth a stay since it is convenient to the main drag.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My stay at the Summer Place Hotel met my expectations. I paid less than I would have at other hotels on the beach and had more money to spend. The staff were nice and courteous and the property was clean. As advertised the room was moderately furnished, but met my requirements. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2010

If you are staying in Rehoboth Beach you don’t want to be driving – so you need to stay in the middle of it all, problem is that’s usually pretty spendy. The Summer Place Hotel can solve your dilemma; it puts you in a great location without spending all your money on your hotel room. If you go the beach to hang out in the hotel room than this is probably not the place for you; however, if you to the beach for the beach/bars/fun and therefore really just need a place to sleep and shower this may be exactly what you are looking for. The amenities are standard but the A/C and showers work well and in the 4 or 5 stays we have had there we have never seen a dirty room or had a problem otherwise. Dan, the owner/operator is great and has always been very accommodating. While we wouldn’t recommend this place to our parents, we would and have recommended it to many friends. We will continue to stay at the Summer Place because the savings translates into more fun while we are there and more trips to Rehoboth. With the money you save go enjoy a mind blowing dinner at Eden – which is only a block away and is worth the trip alone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My girl and I have been together for 10 years and we found this place that many years ago! We didn't have much money back then so this place fit our budget at the time. Now we're in a much better place financially, I'm no longer a starving college student and I still find myself coming back to the Summer House! Dan seems like a nice guy, he has a great location, next to everything you want to be next to!

We will probably continue to stay at the Summer House, in-season, off-season, just to get away... when ever! It's not the Ritz Carlton but it's got everything you need when you're at the beach! Who stays in their room when they're on vacation anyway? All you need is a shower and a bed... Summer Place has both and a small tv, fridge, a/c and extra sheets if you need them!

Don't let these snobs tell you how much you need a flat screen, more room, etc. Vacations at the beach are suppose to be spent everywhere but your room!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple