“A cozy place in the heart of Rehoboth!”
Review of Summer Place Hotel

Summer Place Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A cozy place in the heart of Rehoboth!”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Summer Place several times over the years and love it. It's great for the budget and a nice place to stay in the heart of Rehoboth. We started staying there because we were younger and just getting started, so saving money was key... now we're in a very different place in life and able to pay a lot more but find that the Summer Place holds a special place in our hearts. Dan has always been great and has a hidden gem. If you're looking for a great budget hotel in the center of Rehoboth; walking distance from the boardwalk, restaurants, the beach... Everything!! Give Dan a call or shoot him an email and reserve something now!

Room Tip: Get a hold of Dan and he'll set you up!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thankyou very much for the kind review. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2011

The summer place hotel gives me what I want.! It is one block from the beach. It is in the center of town, and has a price I can afford. I have been going to the summer place for two seasons. The sheets are clean and the beds are confortable.....I would recommend!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for the nice write up. Weve updated all the rooms this year with flatscreen tvs new refrigerators, linens , microwaves etc. Also wifi
Totowa, New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2011

To all the complainers, where else can you get a room close to everything with such reasonable rates? You want a bigger room, go pay for one! Innkeeper was very nice to us upon check-in. Room was small,yes, but after a day of shopping and dogfish perfect place to sleep! I would stay there again in a heartbeat! Bottom line great rates all year and I can walk everywhere! No complaints here!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. I hope to see you this summer or in the off season. We have only raised the rates 10 dollars in 12 years despite rising energy costs. This could be why our occupancy is so high
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed at the summer place in rehoboth beach, delaware. I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were very clean and cheery. The location is great, very short walking distance to the beach. The staff and manager was very polite and attentive and i needed for nothing during my stay. Thank you Summer Place Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Although the room was less than clean, terribly laid out and very cramped, It served its purpose in the least expensive way possible. We were 1 block from the beach and just a few blocks to the happening part of the Boardwalk. Also there were lots of restaurants in close proximity which were not on the boardwalk. The neighborhood was beautiful and quiet. The Staff was rarely seen if ever and it took a while to find someone to check us out. Seeing as how the point of a beach vacation for me is not to sit in the hotel room this worked out nicely. Be warned the walls are VERY thin. So in short if you aren't real picky no worries its cheap and close to the reason we stayed there THE BEACH.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I guess this would be defined as a backhanded comment. I am not sure what you found dirty but sorry. Hope to see you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

North East, Maryland
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I had stayed here a few times and never had a problem. The rooms have been recently updated, new furniture, bedspreads etc. The room was clean and Dan was wonderful about meeting any needs we had during our stay. We were only scheduled to stay one night but had so much fun we stayed two. Wonderful location, great price, within walking distances to shops, bars and restaraunts.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Thankyou for the nice review. We hope to see you this summer.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This is the first time I've ever written a review. I'm a pretty laid-back person, but after my terrible experience with Summer Place, I had to write a review. First, the service is terrible. Making a reservation was so difficult-- I tried the online form, never got any confirm

The room was NASTY. I've travelled a lot, and have stayed in some pretty questionable place in rural India, Ecuador, etc. But this was just nasty.

First, the smell-- a combination of must, mold, and old cigarette smoke. The bedside table had a layer of dust so thick you could write your name in it. And then there were some sort of animal droppings (cockroach, I think, from my online searches) about a foot from the bed. GROSS.

We asked for a different room-- the 2nd room was slightly better, in that there were no visible animal droppings, but when I turned back the comforter, I saw multiple hairs on the pillow. That's nasty. That means the sheets haven't been changed since the last person stayed there. For $75 a night, I at least expect clean sheets.

And last, the service is awful. Even making the reservation was a pain-- the online form didn't work, and I had to call and speak to the guy at the hotel twice to make a reservation.

When we left the hotel and mentioned that the sheets hadn't been changed since there were HAIRS on the PILLOW, he responded "well, you really got to pick apart a room to find that." Not really. Just turn back the comforter. It's pretty hard to miss 4-5 long, dark hairs. His overall demeanor was uncaring and rude.

Go to the Oceanus Motel. It's $15 more and you get clean sheets and good service.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Summer Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
The summer place hotel is a very small modestly furnished guesthouse with VERY reasonable rates one block to the beach. Service is minimal but we try to accomate guests whenever possible but we cant please everyone. All rooms this weekend were booked and were going for 75 dollars, almost 25% of what they charge next door. All laundry comes from a service in packages pressed. Were sorry he found a hair on the sheet and was refunded his money.