“A Very Good Place!”
Review of Touch of Italy

Touch of Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Touch of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Road 271
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. The dining room doesn't open till 11 AM, but you can still shop at the deli and bakery beginning at 10:30 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The restaurant is located in an expansive building on busy Rt 1. About a third of the restaurant is retail food with a cheese, prepared food and meat selection that makes your eyes pop. The food is very good with an egg plant appetizer and strawberry salad bordering on excellent. The fresh baked bread is also very good. In Sothern Delaware pizza is generally unfit for human consumption but their mushroom pizza was almost near the top of my list behind only NYC and my favorite place in Kittery Maine. Service is quick and proficient. The place can be noisy. I guarantee if you dine here, you will be tempted by the desserts which are outstanding. A word of caution... the place was packed on a Thursday night in December so you may want to make a reservation. With a few more amenities, like peace and quiet, this place could be outstanding.

1  Thank bankruptcy
There are newer reviews for Touch of Italy

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Do yourself a favor if you're in town for the Holidays or vacation and grab some lunch or dinner at Touch of Italy, you won't be disappointed. I've been eating here once a week for the past few months and everything I've ordered has been very, very good. The quality ingredients, generous portions, reasonable prices, and friendly staff all make for a great experience. The pizzas are cooked in a wood-fired oven and are delicious. My favorite is the Focaccia Robiola Deluxe which has prosciutto, tomatoes, arugula, white truffle oil, and robiola cheese (which I had never heard of before), all sandwiched between thin focaccia. Unbelievable. The chicken parm is usually my choice for dinner and there is always some left to take home. My wife's favorite is the shrimp, clams, and mussels that are tossed in a spicy marinara. The apps are all good, with the meatballs being our favorite. I haven't even touched on the the generous sized sandwiches, the deli with a nice assortment of meats, cheeses, olives, etc, or the fresh made bakery items (cookies, eclairs, cakes, etc). This restaurant has been a great addition to the Delaware coast, and long over-due.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food was good although way too salty for my personal taste. Our server couldn't remember the 3rd special of the night and neglected to tell us about the items on the menu which were no longer available. He did say they were transitioning to a new menu so I guess he was confused. We enjoyed an arugula salad which was very good (large) and calamari which was lightly battered (although a hair was found in the dish?). The maitre d came over and said he would verify it in the kitchen. Verify? His word choice was odd. Anyway, the entree's arrived - pizza, chicken, ravioli, chicken parm. All were very tasty. They had live entertainment that night so in addition to the already loud restaurant we could not carry on a conversation without yelling across the table. We still enjoyed ourselves and were offered some yummy macaroon cookies at the end. I would not rush to go back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stopped by with a friend of mine and we were immediately impressed with the decor, and the aroma of the deli. Friendly staff, we went to the bar for lunch. We asked the bartender for a recommendation and she said everything on the menu was excellent. A favorite was the meatballs. We ordered the meatball sandwhich and another sandwhich. Meatballs were dry and overwhelmed by the anount of bread. Needed more sauce but the bartender disappeared for a bit and that never happened. The other sandwhich was supposed to be hot soprasetta sharp chedder and roasted red peppers. Clumsy with an overwhelming amount of meat and not nearly enough chedder or red peppers. Frankly poor execution. One thing to say the food is great, another to deliver. Willing to give another chance but definitely needs improvement.

2  Thank Russell S
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Touch of Italy started as a small sandwich shop in downtown Rehoboth Beach and now has four locations in the area. To get to the point, their food is really good! Their array of delicious sandwiches, using fresh, flavorful meats, veggies and cheeses, plus crunchy semolina bread made in their own local bakery, can't be beat. Their newest venture, on Highway 1 in a strip mall in Rehoboth Beach, is a sure winner, open since the summer. Frankly, we couldn't get in during the summer because of the crowds, and finally made it in on a quiet October Wednesday night. It was worth the wait. We had a great sausage, pepper and onions appetizer, with a sauce so good we had to eat much more bread than usual to sop it all up. My partner's antipasto, usually an appetizer, made a fulll meal, and he had leftovers for lunch the next day. My chicken parm literally filled my plate and looked like a flounder - tender and delicious with a side of pasta coated with a delicious sauce, almost buttery in texture. (By the way, also finished for lunch the next day.) Let's not forget the nice wine list (we had a lovely bottle of a Tuscan Montepulciano) and a great selection of homemade pastries. (We had the sfogliatelle and a top-notch chocolate cookie made with cream cheese.) Our server, Mary, couldn't have been nicer. T of I also makes fresh mozzarella and there are large cheeses hanging all over the place, for every taste. All of the T of I stores appear to be doing well, and for good reason.