“Dumplings with some chicken”

Cracker Barrel Old County Store
Ranked #75 of 285 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I couldn't make up my mind so I ordered chicken and dumplings with beans and greens. The beans were ok. The greens were ok too. To be fair some people would have enjoyed the pieces of in both. The meat I wanted was chicken and I couldn't located it in my dumplings. Both were a yellow white in a yellow white gravy. The corn muffin was very good. Very good service and the portions were large.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great place for breakfast. The staff was attentive and nice. There is a store with some interesting shopping options, and it's really fun to visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Dinner - ordered the entree that included three free sides. I had the steak for just $9 and wife had chicken dumplings ($8). Dumplings were excellent, but my steak was actually pressed Salisbury steak, breaded, fried and covered with a white slightly spicy hollendaise sauce. It wasn't bad, but would have preferred the sauce on the side. All the sides were better than expected, and deserts tasty. Very good value! Service was as expected. Will return, as I'm from NJ, where Cracker Barrels are rare and far away.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

hotel we stay out while down in Rehobeth so is usually a once a visit stop and we have not been disappointed yet. Usually get breakfast there once while we are there to get a break from the hotels free breakfast and we enjoy it everytime we go.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Seems silly reviewing a Cracker Barrel. since they are nearly in all 50 states that have interstate highways.

We have two near where we live and they are not very nice - filthy bathrooms, dirty parking lot and less than friendly wait staff - then we get to Rehoboth Beach and enjoyed two excellent breakfasts in of all places Cracker Barrel.

Every wait person we saw had 4 stars on their apron, several waited on us for various things to ensure our meals were fresh and hot, and refilled fresh OJ and coffee and were sincerely interested in our satisfaction.

This company has a reputation of discrimination against people of color, and same sex issues, which we never felt was any issue at this location, In Virginia, oh, yeah, big time.

Where we live the general store has crappy stuff, not so in tis one, real top rate items for sale.'
We have enjoyed many Cracker Barrels across the country, most - not all - very good, this one, tops of the tops!

By the by - wild Maine blueberry muffins were special this visit, and we wanted to take some to go, and they had never had the request for that, and they broke the price down, boxed them and we brought 6 back home with us. That was the extra mile for keeping a happy customer!