“What was the chef thinking?”
Review of Stoney Lonen - CLOSED

Stoney Lonen
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Vienna, Virginia
“What was the chef thinking?”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We got to the Stoney Lonen in downtown Rehoboth about 3 or 4 times a year. This Friday, we thought being near St. Patrick's day, it would be a good idea. Not so much. The fish and chips...still the best in the area.

In the tradtiion of St. Patrick's day, Corned beef and cabbage was one of the specials. It wasn't true corned beef. It was sliced corn beef, the type butcher's provided to Deli's. Yes, I said it was strips of deli meat. It was also reheated, most likely in a micowave based on the dark curly ends of some of the strips. If I wanted a corned beef sandwich, this would be the meat I would expect. the cabbage looked like pre-cut cabbage strips, the kind you find in coleslaw. It was apparent either the chef was ready for the lunch special the next day, or they have no idea what corned beef is. We would have been better off staying home and cooking it myself.

• Visited March 2013

Delaware
“Locals”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Small Bar. Seating for the restaruant is also limited. Chester the Bartender is very entertaining. The food is average. The restaurant is located in Rehoboth, within walking distance if you are staying in town.

Visited March 2013
Rehoboth Beach
“a fun evening for everyone..from kids to Grandpas and grandmas”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

stoney Lonen is a fun place for all ages. The food is great, reasonable prices and the staff is wonderful, from Brian Lookup, the owner to Chester at the bar. They will go out of their way to make sure you have a great experience,great food and lots for fun.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Myers FL
“Very inviting”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped in just to have a drink and ended up sampling a couple things. The beer was cold, the food was hot and flavorful, and the owner was very welcoming. I can't wait to go back again next time I'm in town.

• Visited February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Local Restaurant in Rehoboth”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently dined at Stoney Lonen in Rehoboth Beach. It was a great experience on a cold January night. I had the fish tacos that were delicious and my dining partner had the fish and chips. We both loved our meals and the service was excellent on a cold winter night. I can't wait to return to have the tacos again.

• Visited January 2013