“Delicious traditional Irish food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoney Lonen - CLOSED

Stoney Lonen
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“Delicious traditional Irish food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stumbled upon Stoney Lonen after going to another nearby restaurant and finding a very long wait. The hostess was so friendly and the atmosphere so cozy and welcoming. Food was delicious and very fresh. Would highly recommend.

Visited August 2012

Richmond, VA
“Bad night!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've eaten at the Stoney Lonen before and enjoyed it, which is why we returned. Too be fair, this could have been on off night. There may have been something going on behind the scenes, because everyone seemed very, very angry. From the minute we walked in, our mere presence seemed to be an inconvenience. The man who seated us - I won't say "greeted" because that implies hospitality - was unsmiling and brusque. Our waitress was adequate but avoided all eye contact. The food was fair but definitely not the quality we experienced in the past. To top it all off, we were served coffee that was being kept warm in picnic-type urns. It was like drinking bath water. We will probably not return. There are too many places in Rehoboth with great food and service to match.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Virginia
“Consistently solid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have at least one meal at Stoney Lonen during each beach visit because the fish and chips and seafood chowder are wonderful and the owners and staff friendly. The bar area is cozy, and if you can grab a seat there, do it. As an example of the friendliness of the place, a few years ago I left my cell phone at the bar and the owner (Bryan) mailed it back to me. I don't think that would have happened at many other eateries.

Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Irish Pub for Foodies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

You come to Stoney Lonen for the food. It has the Irish standards of Guiness, Harp, and Smithwicks, but better craft beer selection can be had elsewhere. No, the food is the reason to come. My wife started with a house salad and their own dressing. She said it was excellent! I had the seafood stew. I was neither harsh nor salty, just well balanced filled with seafood. For dinner, she had the crabcakes which were wonderful. I had the fish tacos. They were delicious. Three tacos were more than enough, they had a unique and amazing flavor.

Delaware
“Good food, cold service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Been ordering take-out from Stoney Lonen for many years and have always enjoyed it. Tried a sit-down meal with my wife and mother and everything was mostly good. My crab cake was great, moms shrimp were spot on and the wife enjoyed her burger. Odd that each plate came with the same fries, but they were really good fries. Service was sloppy (Zara); as the bread came late, was not asked if we wanted refills on drinks (all cups empty), waitress handed plates to each of us instead of placing them on the table, and waitress took my credit card and said thank you, have a good night. Wait, wait wait I said, you have my card. As we finally departed, none of the 3 employees we walked by on the way out said a word to us. Just strange. I'll be back though, whether they care or not, cause the food is good and affordable.