“...high hopes, fell short...”
Review of Dos Locos

Dos Locos
Reserve with OpenTable
Dos Locos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rehoboth Ave and 2nd Street
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Ever since we first past Dos Locos I have been eyeing it up. Next to seafood, mexican is my favorite food. So one night we ventrured there...I ordered the taco salad and my boyfriend ordered the crab quesidilla. The chips and salsa was nothing spetacular, but I thought ehh they're free. When my taco salad came out I was very excited it was a big tortilla bowl and it looked full to the brim. But when i dug in it was unseasoned ground beef, there was supposed to be refried beans in there somewhere(couldn't find them), and about 5 inches of romaine lettuce, with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. I took probally about 5 bites and that was it. My boyfriend said that his quesidilla was alright. However I wished I would of enjoyed my experience more cause I would of loved to stay for some margaritas. But the server was very attentive, which was a plus. Maybe I should give it another try and go for the stone grilling, however with so many restaurants here to eat at, it maybe awhile until i ever eat there again.

1  Thank beachbunny4568
There are newer reviews for Dos Locos

Reviewed May 23, 2008

This was our 3rd time at DosLocos. The bar area is comfortable and the service excellent. The tables near the front windows are terrific, expecially when the windows are open. The food quality continues to be quite good, despite the larger venue. That said, I miss the old location. It was smaller and less commercial in appearance. IMO the new location doesn't have the same neighborhood vibe. But, I certainly would recommend DosLocos.

Reviewed April 1, 2008

My husband and I had dinner at Dos Locos in March 2008. It was recommended by a friend, and as we stopped to look at the menu on the door, the folks leaving the restaurant encouraged us to go in. We love Mexican food - it's our favorite fare - and enjoy trying new places. We found dinner to be a mixed bag. We had margaritas on the rocks, which were OK, but far from the best I've had. There didn't seem to be that much tequila in our pitcher. I had the fish tacos, which were delicious, but were served with dried out rice, dried out lime slices, and lukewarm refried beans that were so heavily flavored with what I think were smoked poblano peppers that I actually found them to have an ashy taste. My husband had a seafood quesadilla - also delicious - but rather small and a bit overpriced. The chips were nice and fresh, but it was some of the worst salsa I've ever had and tasted like nothing more than unripe tomatoes and cilantro. But again, some of our food was very delicious. Still, we might try this again, maybe for lunch next time.

Reviewed November 13, 2007

My wife and I had our first visit ro Rehoboth each over the long Veterans' Day weekend and really enjoyed our stay - and one of the reasons was a delightful lunch we had at Dos Locos! The aromas of good cooking filled the air as we entered the place and we really enjoyed the decor. We were also pleased to see the amount of locals already in the restaurant when we arrived (lunch had just begun). My wife ordered the Stoneground T-Bone Lunch and I had the Mexican Platter - both of which were delicious, plentiful and nicely seasoned. (We both commented to our server on the nice textures of flavor in our meals.) The entire experiece was enhanced by Jenne, our server - a delightful young woman with a warm personality and a gentle, friendly energy about her. I do not know what the restaurant is like during the summer when crowds are aplenty in Rehoboth Beach, but our experience was extremely positive and we would recommend this place without reservation.

3  Thank RevLou
Reviewed July 15, 2007

This was our second visit to Dos Locos, our first at the new location. We really like the new dining room and bar-- nice lighting, casually elegant. We actually enjoyed our wait at the bar (relaxed, good people watching). The house margaritas are sugary but there are plenty of other options. The estimated wait time on a peak-season Saturday night (45 mins.) turned out to be accurate.
As for the food, the lobster dishes seem to be the way to go. My partner has really enjoyed them twice. The carnitas are also really good. As for the sides, chips, and jar-ish salsa... kinda bland. Before our meals arrived, the man at the table next to ours kept asking to borrow our salt, which I thought was weird until I tasted our food. Undersalting is not usually a problem at restaurants, but it was here.
While the atmosphere was much swankier than at the old location, little gestures of tackiness kind of irked me and seemed inconsitent with the image the place was trying to project. We had to hand over a credit card or ID to get a pager. It didn't seem like a pager stealing kind of place. We had to ask for our chips and salsa; they weren't offered. And the menu made it very clear that the first basket was free, but all others were gonna cost ya. Okay, I promise not to come here and eat basket after basket of free chips!
I would return to Dos Locos. Many things about it are very good and it is a fun place. But it has a few bugs to work out in order to fully reach its potential.

1  Thank A_Concerned_Friend