“Amazing”

Ranked #36 of 281 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am not often surprised by restaurants with 25+ years in the food business I have become a bit jaded. HOWEVER , They take the time to make homemade cheese sauce for the Nachos which were amazing! (with pulled pork). The food (tacos & mac & cheese), service & value was top notch. A must!! This was a recommendation from my uncle & fellow foodie, and boy was he right.

There are newer reviews for Zogg's Raw Bar & Grill

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Zogg's is a near little out-of-the-way place, just off the boardwalk on Wilmington Avenue. If you blink when you walk by, you might miss it, because the entrance is almost an alley, but go in, and you'll see that there's quite a bit of room. There's a nice little courtyard area that is a pretty, secluded location away from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk. Granted, there is no view (it's a decorated nook between buildings), but who cares? It's a fun little place. There is also a nice indoor area with tables and a bar.

The food at Zogg's is really good. This is a terrific place for fish tacos, because they offer a variety of fresh fish ingredients. The drinks are pretty good, and the service is usually attentive and helpful. We were repeat visitors, and our server, Kathleen, was an absolute gem. On our last stop-in of the week (a Friday), we had another server, and things didn't work nearly as smoothly. Still, the food was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect.

About the only negative I can come up with is the condition of the bathrooms. They are tucked down a dark, damp hallway, and they are pretty nasty inside. If you've gotta go, you've gotta go...but I found myself "holding it" as long as possible, so that I didn't have to go back into that mess.

Zogg's will be a regular stop for me whenever I'm in Rehoboth.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I don’t know how long Zogg’s has been here, tucked away in a courtyard behind Gus & Gus. But I’m sorry I didn’t discover it sooner, since I had two fabulous meals there! Zogg’s specializes in Cajun-Jamaican cuisine, so if you like spicy food this is a mecca. One night I didn’t feel like going out for dinner, so I brought back an order of crawfish – whole, steamed, with an amazing spiced garlic butter to dip them in – and was in absolute heaven (though a messy, drippy one best enjoyed at home!). It was hard to believe the whole huge order was under $10. The next day we went there for lunch, enjoying beers in their private garden and feeling like we were on a Caribbean island somewhere. The Zogg burger was one of the best my husband ever ate, a half-pounder bursting with flavor. (I don’t even like hamburgers, and this was delicious.) It came with the most amazing waffle fries and chipotle mayo, which were absolutely addictive, way better than Thrasher’s. I opted for the jerk wings, which make my mouth water just thinking back on. The wings were “naked” (no breading), with a jerk seasoning (which you can order “wet” or “dry”, and I got dry) that was truly memorable, and unlike so many boring jerk sauces I’ve had elsewhere. Just steps from the beach, this place is a real find.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've been to zoggs many times since I am local and everytime it's just as good as the last. from the service, to the food, to the atmosphere it's always a good experience. the jerk grouper tacos are always on point

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped here for lunch. We were going to go to the Greene Turtle, but saw this place across the street and decided to give it a try. We’re glad we tried something different.

**Location: just off the boardwalk, across from the Greene Turtle, on Wilmington Ave

**Outdoor and indoor table seating, plus a bar outside and one inside

**Relaxed atmosphere. Lots of customers in beachwear

**Lots of choices on the menu for lunch: burgers, lots of different fish sandwiches, crab cake sandwiches, chicken, salads, chili and soup. There is also a children’s menu.

**Appetizers included fried gator, calamari, fried grouper fingers, breaded frog legs, coconut shrimp and fried oysters.

**Raw bar was delicious. We had oysters and they were great: fresh and sweet.

**For lunch, I had the jerk pulled pork sandwich and my bf had the jerk grouper taco. Both dishes were great, and the portion sizes were quite large for lunch. All sandwiches come with a side. We both ordered sweet potato fries, and they were good.

**Bartenders are friendly, and they serve strong drinks. You definitely get your money’s worth at this bar.

**We really enjoyed our lunch and will return when we are in the area again.

**Check out my pics to see the ambiance of Zogg’s.

1  Thank Butchie119