“Very Classy Place”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st street
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I dined at Espuma on a Friday evening recently and were very pleased with our overall experience. Citing the need for certain dietary restrictions, our waitress knew exactly what offerings on the menu would suit my wife, and she even checked with the Chef to come up with a special tomato salad that went with my salad appetizer. My wife had a simple seared rockfish dish that met her restrictions while I opted for the paella - both were prepared perfectly and were very satisfying. We ordered a bottle of Fiddlehead Vineyards 2008 Pinot that was excellent as well. Overall, they couldn't have been more friendly and attentive to our needs, the dishes were very tasty, the atmosphere was relaxed, and the final bill was reasonable for downtown Rehoboth in the middle of the summer season. We will definitely go back when we visit again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I selected this restaurant because of its review on google. It was a little pretentious, as my wife and I were dressed in resort ware and we walked in without a reservation at 7:15 before peak seating. I was told there was no seats (placecl was 80% empty), but I showed we could make a reservation on OpenTable in 15 min, so we were seated. Food was excellent - salad appetizers were the best we ever had and very unique. Waitress was very attentive and responsive. All in all a very positive experience but note to maitre d - this is the beach not NYC - when the place is MT, don't tell someone you can seat them!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I are vegan, so we often have a difficult time locating restaurants that have anything we can order (without resigning ourselves to simply have a meal of french fries) at the beach. Last year we decided to try Espuma, since we saw an ad in our hotel that mentioned the possibility of a vegetarian option.

Tonight was the second time we visited Espuma. THE Vegetarian Extravaganza is a consistent menu item consisting of a chef's tasting of 7 small dishes. The chef had no problem rendering this tasting vegan for us. We had a delicious amuse-bouche, fresh bread served with amazing roasted garlic cloves, white beans, and eggplant dip, our extravaganza, and then, our wonderful waiter told us the chef would be happy to create some vegan sorbet from the fresh farmer's market fruit they had in the kitchen.

The service is excellent. The food is divine. Everyone who isn't eating at Espuma should get over there and start enjoying the incredible food they have on offer!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is consistently one of the best in Rehoboth. The grouper special I had was amazing. My son was skeptical, but was very happy with the Three Day Pork. My wife was very pleased with the beet salad appetizer and the dayboat scallops entree. It is a little pricey and rest actions are usually required. Still, it is worth the expense and effort.

1  Thank FPMurphy52
Reviewed July 8, 2013

wonderful eats, martini is the best around, my husband is allergic to shell fish, but the chef was able to create paella without the shellfish, and made in vegetable stock instead. Amazing. The bar area is top notch and one can sit there all evening if they choose.. will defintely return