“Paella night”

Cross street: 1st street
Springfield, VA
“Paella night”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited on Christmas Eve, when Espuma was one of the few restaurants in town that was open for dinner. There was a prix fixe special featuring the restaurant's paella. I had a prosciutto and chees "cannoli" as my appetizer and my husband had the mushroom soup, both of which were excellent. I had the vegetarian paella and my husband had the seafood version. Both arrived at the table steaming, in small metal skillets with red handles. The portions were huge, and we ended up taking our leftovers back to our hotel room so that we could leave room for the desserts that were part of the prix fixe special. I had the molten chocolate cake that was so good I wanted to lick the plate, and my husband had the apple tart. I second the previous poster who said that the drinks are excellent -- I had one that featured prosecco and grapefruit juice that was heavenly.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Carol757

Baltimore
“Overpriced and mediocre”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced mediocre. The paella was salty, had a few medium shrimp and a little chicken, if it was chicken. Ravioli had way too much bacon, and halibut not distinctive. No return for me.

Kennett Square, PA
“Was expecting much better”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Friday night and restaurant was only 1/3 full. Bar was packed, so we waited longer than we shoukd have for drinks. When you first enter the restaurant the room on the right was a mess with drapes barely covering it.
For inner, i had the Paella which was small, with very little seafood and rice overcooked - for $30! Tuna tartare was average. The highlight of the meal was dessert. Pumpkin ice cream.
Will not return, as there are so many other good restaurants to choose from in the area.

1 Thank hmgmba
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great drinks in this hidden gem”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a treat to find this gem of a restaurant, slightly hidden just a block of busy Rehoboth Ave. The service was impeccable and helpful in selecting items to explore. While the food was good, varied, a eclectic, the true gem of this place is its concoctions of fruit and infused martinis... Which we had to restrain ourselves from sampling the extensive list!

• Visited October 2012
New Rochelle, New York
“Great Meal From Guest Chef”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our dinner at Espuma. The night we were there, they offered a dinner prepared by a guest chef. So while I cannot comment on the regular menu (which was offered that night), I can say that that food we had was excellent, and a real bargain at $45 for a 3-course menu. There was a regrettable slip up when our dessert was apparently forgotten (for 30+ minutes), which our server did not handle particularly well. But other staff members were gracious and helpful.

• Visited October 2012