“New restaurant.....Taproom .....so wonderful.....will be back!”
Review of Captain's Table Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
richmond
“New restaurant.....Taproom .....so wonderful.....will be back!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just had the most amazing dinner! Husband had the halibut and could not say enough about it. My buttery salad was so inventive/fresh and like no other salad I've ever had -not your usual for sure and so fresh. Oyster stew with the biggest, plumpest, freshest oysters you can imagine...and lots of them. So very happy to see such wonderful food in the "forgotten mile."

Rockville, Maryland
“Nice try -but not all that nice”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went for lunch. Sandwiches are thin on meat and the meats are too salty.Fries served cold and not what were described on the menu. Place was almost empty and maybe the quality of the sandwiches was the reason. Hopefully, they will realize that they need to add another slice of meat for the price they are charging and maybe they will get more customers.

1 Thank TomWall60
Middletown, Pennsylvania
“New Name, New Menu”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Now known as the Taproom Table, the menu has been revised by a new chef with more sophisticated, albeit pricier, choices. I had the Beer Battered Halibut which was beautifully prepared and very tasty. My wife chose and enjoyed a seafood special. Although there are fewer menu options than previously, there is still something for those with more mature taste buds and those who are rather picky. Our waitress checked on us frequently and made us feel very welcome. Still a nice place to relax and enjoy a good dinner at the beach!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MiddletownDave
Oslo, Norway
“Pricy, but well worth it”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

At the age of late 60ties, we felt like youngster entering the restaurant. It was filled to the brim-sole marker with old age, probably not the less affluent ones.

We asked for a table at the window which was nice. As there were many arrivals just before us, we had to wait a bit for the food. My wife chose a salad and I chose Rib-eye.

The attendants were very observant and there were plenty around. The owner, a young woman, - stopped in at peak of service to help out. She also came to our table for a short “checkup” on her “clients”.

I was destined to end up in the restaurant business, but “misfortune” brought me into the tricks and treats of finance. When I watch a well run “joint”, - it tends to warm my heart. It is business, but it should be run the way that customers return again, and again.

We decided to stay two days our our hotel next door instead of one, just to have another go at the menu. The food was that good. The last time I enjoyed such a delicious meal was at the Anasazi Restaurant in Santa Fe - 2 years ago. It is a good thing I do not live at Rehoboth Beach. I would have put on even more weight!

Lewes, Delaware, United States
“New Owner Has Poor Food Prep High Prices Small Portions”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

For you foodies...the new chef is a graduate of C.I.A. as is my daughter. We waited 45 minutes after ordering our meals, at which time the waitress came out and said they couldn't get the mussels open and we had to order something else. HUH? That means they are DEAD and shouldn't be served! The onion soup wsa so salty it was barely edible-the chicken tough and dry. A $28.00 rib eye entree was 7 1/4" 2" x2" slices of beef on top of a 1/2 of potatoes-the menu led you to believe that you were ordering an entire steak for $28.00.

They have 1/2 painted the restaurant and have ruined the interior-it looks like they ran out of money. Overall a disappointing and frustrating experience-compounded by embarrassment as we had highly recommended to to friends who had joined us there for the 1st time. This one won't make it through 2013.

• Visited March 2013