“Pricy, but well worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Captain's Table Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“Pricy, but well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

At the age of late 60ties, we felt like youngster entering the restaurant. It was filled to the brim-sole marker with old age, probably not the less affluent ones.

We asked for a table at the window which was nice. As there were many arrivals just before us, we had to wait a bit for the food. My wife chose a salad and I chose Rib-eye.

The attendants were very observant and there were plenty around. The owner, a young woman, - stopped in at peak of service to help out. She also came to our table for a short “checkup” on her “clients”.

I was destined to end up in the restaurant business, but “misfortune” brought me into the tricks and treats of finance. When I watch a well run “joint”, - it tends to warm my heart. It is business, but it should be run the way that customers return again, and again.

We decided to stay two days our our hotel next door instead of one, just to have another go at the menu. The food was that good. The last time I enjoyed such a delicious meal was at the Anasazi Restaurant in Santa Fe - 2 years ago. It is a good thing I do not live at Rehoboth Beach. I would have put on even more weight!

• Visited May 2013

Lewes, Delaware, United States
“New Owner Has Poor Food Prep High Prices Small Portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

For you foodies...the new chef is a graduate of C.I.A. as is my daughter. We waited 45 minutes after ordering our meals, at which time the waitress came out and said they couldn't get the mussels open and we had to order something else. HUH? That means they are DEAD and shouldn't be served! The onion soup wsa so salty it was barely edible-the chicken tough and dry. A $28.00 rib eye entree was 7 1/4" 2" x2" slices of beef on top of a 1/2 of potatoes-the menu led you to believe that you were ordering an entire steak for $28.00.

They have 1/2 painted the restaurant and have ruined the interior-it looks like they ran out of money. Overall a disappointing and frustrating experience-compounded by embarrassment as we had highly recommended to to friends who had joined us there for the 1st time. This one won't make it through 2013.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jeff E
“Not ready for prime time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very disappointng dinner, especially considering the prices. Hour wait for appetizers. Received round of comped drinks, but that is not always a wise thing and does nothing for nondrinkers. Entrees ranged from excelllent to poor. Order a ribeye steak and get a few medallions over roasted potatoes? No!! This place was dreary before and even more so since extremely slow renovations began. There is no reason for this restaurant to be open until it gets its act together. Waitrss was a saint to endure these conditions.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KeninRB
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A delicious step back in time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

An evening at The Captain's Table is like a fine beach dining experience, circa 1970. The dark wood ambience, seafaring pictures and colonial furniture put me in mind of my childhood visits to the Delaware and Jersey Sores. The service was great... Our sassy waitresses Amy and Terry never led us astray, and I'll be forever grateful for Amy's recommendation of the Stuffed Lobster Tails...over the top delicious. Loved being invited to the kitchen to meet the 91 year old matriarch 'Granny' who still makes oyster stew, crab imperial and crab cakes daily...a must for every seafood lover. This was our second visit, and I'm certain we'll be back again and again!

Waleska, Georgia
“Homemade food AND excellent HH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow, dollar drafts and chicken and dumplings Wednesday....outstanding! HH menu half price and food is soo good. An often overlooked Gem in / near Dewey...just past the canal. REAL waitresses here and in uniform. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012