“Gotta have me some Grottos!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grotto Pizza
Ranked #67 of 269 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Gotta have me some Grottos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Can't get this pizza anywhere else in the world and it is aweso e. secret is in the criust which co es out crispy unIike other pies. So delist!

Visited September 2012

lancaster
“Lousy Pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

Lousy Pizza for the price, way to expensive for a family. Nice clean returant. Just over priced. don't treat you like guest. Push you in and out. Staff looking for tips, if you don't put a drink order in to jack up the price they thump up their nose.

2 Thank lancaster4luvers
Los Angeles, California, United States
“The Best Pizza on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Some people really hate on Grotto, but I can't. I grew up in Rehoboth Beach. Spent much of my life in NYC. Have been living in California now for over 15 years. Grew up in an Italian-American family.

My mouth waters for this pizza, and I've tasted pizza all over the world--even in Italy itself. New York pizza. New Jersey pizza. Chicago pizza. California Pizza. Gourmet pizza from D.C. Authentic pizza in Naples, Italy, where pizza was born. There is just nothing in the world, TO ME, like Grotto pepperoni pizza.

I don't care if the employees in the restaurants greet me with a dirty look, an insult, and a hard slap across the face; or whether or not the pizza itself is overpriced (and admittedly they are overpriced); I've been hooked on this stuff all my life. I have to order their sauce and other items from their website so that I can have the taste all year round as I only get home a few times a year.

You either love it, or you hate it. Personally, I love it, and I'm a discriminating, serious, pizza eater. It's the taste of Delaware, NOT NYC, NOT Chicago, NOT Italy. If you go in expecting that, you'll be disappointed. Try something different, and embrace the uniqueness of it.

They started with one restaurant in 1960, and now have 18 locations across the state. Three of them are less than a 1/4 mile from each other. That's not a coincidence. That's a sign of excellent pizza and excellent business.

• Visited July 2012
Woodbury, New Jersey
“good and consisten”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We've have at least one meal at grotto every time we visit the Delawae Beach. Grotto still turns out a consistent product. A good (not great) thin crust pizza. It seems like their was more allure to Grotto years ago when there was only a couple of locations at the beach rather than locations throughout the state of Delaware. Beyond pizza, the offerings at Grotto are minimal and of varying quality. While based on the quality of the pizza alone I would rate Grotto higher, the combination of limited unexceptional alternate choices along with relatively high prices brings the rating down a bit. A "Large" (16") pizza with 2 toppings will top the $22.00 mark, a 12" meatball sandwich with fries will hit $12.00. The addition (a couple of years ago) of "Grotto Gelato" to the menu was a plus. Try the blood orange--delicious.

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Love the Pizza! I got plain cause I dont think you need any topping.Its good plain! Delicious cheese and sauce and they even deliver!