“the perfect hangover cure”
Review of Grotto Pizza

Grotto Pizza
Ranked #120 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This pizza is yummy. Is it gourmet? No. But this is the yummy food you want to indulge upon when on vacation or on the beach. I always get just plain cheese because its nice and crunchy and hits the spot. Its even great cold in the morning after a long nigh of drinking.

There are newer reviews for Grotto Pizza

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I came to Rehoboth with friends and we can't go on a vacation and not eat pizza. This was the first pizza place we tried. When receiving it, It looked like an average piece of pizza ( a bit like a "slight step up" from a slice of frozen pizza you would get at the grocery store) But it tasted better than it looked. We didn't dine in but got a couple slices to go and ate on the boardwalk on a bench. Overall I did enjoy the pizza and would eat here again, however, we did eat at another pizza shop and enjoyed it more. There are Grotto's everywhere so if you pass one up you will come to another one in no time.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

On our first trip to Rehoboth Beach, we tried Grotto's for dinner one night and we were pretty happy with it! We ordered a large pizza half cheese half broccoli and it was very good! The entire crust was crispy and there was just the right amount of sauce on it. I did think it was odd that the cheese in underneath the sauce - when she first brought it over, I thought they'd forgotten the cheese! The prices were about average for a large pizza - about $13 and the service was about average as well. The staff was friendly also.

The only downside was that there were so many flies in the restaurant! We had to keep swatting at them! The location was about a block from the hotel and very convenient for grabbing a slice coming off the beach since it's on the boardwalk.

1  Thank Olivia S
Reviewed June 29, 2014

First time here and definitely would comeback again I ordered a large pizza with half cheese and half broccoli and it was delicious. The restaurant was super busy on the boardwalk but the service was very good and served within 20 minutes. Very loud and hard to hear but worth it. Very kid friendly for my 2 year-old daughter, They gave her a balloon which she loved, a booster chair, crayons and an activity page to color. Looking forward to coming back next year and sinking my teeth into that yummy pizza. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. LOL.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Grottos is expensive and overly greasy but completely hits the spot after a day at the beach. The food is pretty good, there's a decent beer selection, balloons for kids, and a has a good family atmosphere. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it but is definitely a go-to place to eat when visiting the shore.