“Best éclair EVER!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We leave early so as not to miss Café Papillon and that should tell you something! Get there early because everything is made fresh daily and when they're out, they're out. Pastries and crepes made by hand with love. Say hi to Maya and Jerome when you stop in. Don't miss this gem on Penny Lane!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Papillon

Reviewed May 20, 2013

In a word, wow. This, from a person who takes 3 days to bake baguettes in the traditional French manner, with separate builds and 6 hours start to finish on baking day. Eclairs made with house-made-from-scratch French custard. Croissants hand-rolled and baked on site. Generous portions of coffee.

I think I died and went to heaven.

1  Thank stevek81
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I shared the ham and cheese with the hubby. We watched the man make it the entire way. Very neat. We opted for pepper as seasoning. I had thought crepes were slightly crispy, but it's been many years since I've been to France. It was delicious!! We actually also picked up 2 croissant from them earlier, but I didn't realize it was the same shop. They just looked so good, but I haven't eaten them yet. The owner had a French accent.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

What more do you need to know? Stand in line. Get a crepe. Eat is standing up, because you won't get a table. Be happy. (I like fresh banana, cinnamon, and whipped cream.)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Crepes like you get in Paris...thin and delicious...the salmon is the best, but also get the Nutella for desert.