The Cultured Pearl Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cultured Pearl Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 279 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Cumberland, Maryland
“Meh...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped by on a daytrip to Rebohoth Beach and it was very busy so we thought it would be great. The chicken teriyaki was cold and for the price of the Firecracker Roll, I expected it to bigger. The service was excellent and the house Bloody Mary was great!

• Visited August 2013

Germantown, Maryland
“Good overall sushi if u get the firecracker roll! and other high priced rolls. Atomosphere is great and go early to avoid wait.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed on date night but we knew what to get before going. Firecracker roll is the best. All rolls price from $12-15 are priced high for a reason. Only sushi place in town. We enjoyed atmosphere and got there early to avoid to avoid crowds. Overall very good.

• Visited August 2013
“Endlessly seeking food”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The wait was close to an hour and a half for a salad. The food was good especially the sushi, but my friend didn't like his beef and the waiter was surly! I won't be back

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food but service is as slow as it comes”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We loved the food we really disliked the endless waiting for the server. It was very frustrating to have such extreme wait times in between courses or items we ordered. It was absolutely ridiculous. We got ice cream fro dessert and had to wait so long for a spoon it was partially melted. Only go there if you have plenty of time.

2 Thank aweiss00
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sushi wasn't great but ambiance is amazing”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We have a second house in lewes and come to DE throughout the year, our usual place for sushi is over by the outlets but, we've been told by many people "you gotta try the cultured pearl at least once". I should have known when they didn't say you'll want tovisit often. It should have been followed up with "because its for tourists and you wont go back"
I have to say the outside dinning area is very unique and a must see but the food not so much, particularly the sushi. We ordered a mix of appetizers and sushi and a Thai dish, so we could try as much as we could. I loved the Thai dish and i fully recommend if you go...1. see the outside deck and2. try the kitchen entrees but, the maki rolls are very loaded with rice and a very tiny portion of fish. The service is also very slow. I go for sushi in Baltimore at least once a week, believe me I do understand that good food takes time to make. We watched a couple near us, seated after us...get thier food and it was also sushi.
I'm giving this restaurant a review of 3 out of 5, minus 1 for slow service, minus 1 for the rice loaded rolls. Our server was very helpful, polite and often communicated that our food was on the way but, in the end we were there for sushi and there are many other restaurants that offer great service & ambiance. I'm partial to places that offer good food too. In the end, I'm with everyone else, try this place, take the kids to see the koi fish but don't add this place to your list of must eats.