“Great Place”

Ranked #32 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Rehoboth Beach tradition, the Summer House is known for its fresh, well-prepared food presented in an upscale yet relaxed atmosphere with prompt and friendly service. Jumbo lump crabcakes, tender barbecued ribs and chicken, just-ground burgers, veal and wild mushroom meatloaf, and monster steaks are just a few of the restaurant's specialties. A varied selection of salads, soups, starters and yummy side dishes round out the menu, and specials change daily. On Monday, it's half-price burger night, 4-9:30 p.M., And Miller Lites are just $2.50. Summer House Three Course Prime Rib Dinner night on Wednesday and Sunday nights. DJs keep the joint rocking on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights, and Sunday offers a great brunch menu and Bloody Mary Bar, 11 a.M. To 3 p.M. Lunch is available seven days a week, 11:30 a.M.-3 P.M., And the business lunch menu on weekdays features two courses for just $12. Don't miss the happy hour specials at the main bar, 4-7 p.M., Monday-Thursday, with great appetizer menu, $2.50 Domestic beers and fresh-squeezed grapefruit and lemon drop martinis. Enjoy extended Happy Hour on Fridays til 8PM!
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I dined at Summerhouse a couple of times in the last few weeks. Although it is off season, the place was pretty crowded. The food was excellent. I had the lobster bisque, great flavor and enough lobster chunks. For our main course, my wife had pork chops, which were done perfectly, and I had a mixed fish special over rice, which was excellent. Very friendly wait staff. They were very busy, and were working hard. Have not been there in the midst of summer, but would, and will go back again.

Brooke B, Manager at Summerhouse Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your great review, we are happy you enjoyed the food and service. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went in the summer and had a quite a long wait. Service was very good and attentive. I got the salmon and it came out a bit cold and did not tatse very good. I could have just ordered wrong. Summer House is a great place to take your kids as it was very loud inside.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We are happy the service you received was good and attentive. We apologize that you did not care for your meal, next time please ask your server to send over a manager so that we can try to fix the issue. We hope this does not deter you from dinning with us again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A great menu but weekend specials are really the best things to order, often seafood, some steaks -- I've tried the prime rib, and the rockfish. Decent wine sepelctions and a very large bar -- don't be afraid to eat at the bar if there are no tables. Always good, upscale, a tad pricey but hey, you pay for freshness. What also strikes me is that the food comes out fast, and always hot. Servers are on the ball.

We are happy our bar felt welcome to you, the food was fresh and hot, and the service quick! Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I ate at Summerhouse on Monday night. Although there was little open in Rehoboth, the restaurant was plenty busy. There is a large bar area but it is separate from the dining room which makes it easy to talk and visit. The service was excellent, quick and efficient. The menu is not large but there was plenty from which to choose. On Monday's in the winter, they have a half price burger special. To my surprise they had both a tuna burger and a salmon burger. ($6) I had the tuna burger and it came with one side. The roasted asparagus were delicious, crisp, tender and tasty. The tuna burger was large and didn't seem to have fillers. It was cooked with just a little pink inside and not at all dry. The burger was served on a roll with tomato, lettuce and pickle along with a wasabi aioli. Definitely tasted like fresh tuna. I will go back for sure, next time for the salmon burger. There were lots of meats on the menu as well as some fish entrees.

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. We are happy you enjoyed our Monday night burger special. Our goal is to keep our food and service consistently great no matter what time of year it is, thank you for noticing! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had dinner with my wife a few nights ago at the Summerhouse in Rehobeth. It seems to be popular on a cold night in January but the food is "barely" average. The steak I had was tasteless and the mashed potatoes tasted like they have been sitting in the dish for a few hours before the steak was added. My wife's food was also border line.
Could have been just one of those nights but I would definitely look elsewhere before coming back to Summerhouse. There has to be much better restaurants in Rehobeth for the price!!!

1  Thank reluctant33
Brooke B, Manager at Summerhouse Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I apologize that you did not have the best experience at Summer House during your recent visit. We will speak with the chef to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give Summer House a second chance on your next visit to Rehoboth!

Big Fish Restaurant Group Manager