“Good all around experience”
Review of Big Fish Grill

Big Fish Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Reviewed June 23, 2014

As many writers have said before, we also had great service. We also really liked both our meals - as good or better than at Fins and at Summerhouse. My wife and son loved the linguine with lobster, scallops, and shrimp, and I had local tuna with mashers and asparagus. The spring rolls for an appetizer were great. The place has a nice atmosphere - lots of mounted fish on the walls. I would definitely go back.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

We are pleased to know you enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere at Big Fish!

Big Fish Restaurant Group Management

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to Big Fish on a Thursday night. We thought that we would be waiting for a long time for a table when we got there and there was a lot of people waiting outside. Much to my wife and I's surprise, we were seated right away. I guess it was because there was only 2 of us and we got to sit at a small table for 2. It was really close to other people but it made for conversation and wasn't bad at all. Everything here was delicious, I got the grilled seafood combo. My wife got the "famous" lobster bisque, I was disappointed, it was very tasty.

1  Thank Will P

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited Big Fish Grill twice this past weekend. The service seemed to be consistently good. Our servers were Chris and Jessica, and both seemed upbeat and attentive. While I will say the food here is excellent, I won't say it is one of those places where you can order anything and it will be great. My husband ordered the crab cakes and the broiled seafood platter and didn't care for either one. They seem to do better at their own specialties rather than generic offerings. We had the pecan crusted halibut and the calamari with their special white sauce, and both were wonderful. We also enjoyed their own style garlic bread and their awesome peanut butter pie. The two times we visited the wait was shorter than they said it would be. Service is super quick. We plan to go back during our next visit.

Thank you for the review, we are happy to know you enjoyed the food and service and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Our dinner was outstanding. Dessert was out of this world. The staff very pleasant. Very good seafood restaurant.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This restaurant was hopping with lines out the door, but we managed to get our name in and then secure a table by coming around 6:00 pm. We had a great server who was constantly checking back on us throughout our meal. However, the star of the evening for me was my entree - a preparation of Chilean Sea Bass over the house salad. It was the best fish I have ever eaten and I love fish! It was perfectly looked, soft and tender with a sweet glaze slightly charred on the outside. It complemented the house salad with the pecans and sweet dressing. I just wish I could replicate it in my kitchen...

Thank you for your review, we are happy to know you enjoyed the Chilean Seabass!