“Great Place for Seafood”
Review of Big Fish Grill

Big Fish Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Long Neck, Delaware, United States
“Great Place for Seafood”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was at Big Fish Grill for lunch with a group of friends. We were there when it opened at Noon so there was not a huge crowd to deal with. Service was efficient and friendly and the food was good. I had the spinach salad at $4.95. It was an ample serving and perfect for a light lunch. One of my table mates had the Shrimp Salad Sandwich ($10.95) but asked for it to served without the bread. No problem, the shrimp came nestled in a lettuce wedge with the lettuce and tomato on the side. Perfect. Although I have not had dinner here, my friends eat here often and say they have the best seafood in town. The restaurant menu in on their website if you want to check it our before you go. They also have daily specials.

• Visited August 2013
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! We update our online menu daily, check it out at www.bigfishgrill.com

Staten Island, New York
“Great dinner”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went here for lunch and dinner while vacationing with family. Everything was great including service.

• Visited August 2013
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Glad you joined us for lunch and dinner while on vacation!

West Yorkshire, England
“Extremely busy, expensive, decent food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went here, arriving 5:30 on a Tuesday. Place already packed. They told us 25 mins wait and gave us a pager. 35 mins later and when we noticed people had arrived after us and had been seated, we went to enquire what was happening. Turns out the pager was not working. Someone else was complaining about the same thing. No apology, just an accusatory "Did you leave the waiting area?". No I didn't, I was sat there with my wife and kids the whole time- don't blame me for your crappy equipment. Front of house appeared generally chaotic.
After we got seated the server was good and the food was good. Drinks were poor- beer only served in bottles (apart from one draft) as was coke- so no refill there. Terrible they can't even have Coke on tap.
Overall price including tip for 1 salad, two fish main courses, two kids meals, 2 Sam Adams beers, and one coke was 90 dollars.
I ate at Founding Farmers in DC this week for less money, and often eat at very good restaurants which offer much better value. I don't mind paying more than this, but the experience has to be spot on.
So despite the decent food, there were too many negative factors to warrant a return visit. Whilst our server was excellent, they are so busy I got the feeling that there was a lack of care for the customer
It is also probably the noisiest restaurant I have ever eaten in.

2 Thank Wakeywarrior
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We apologize about the issue with your pager and the front desk staff, we will speak with all involved. However, Big Fish has recently started using a new updated system called BuzzTable which will text your cell phone when your table is ready.

Hamilton, Virginia
“a staple meal in our beach week”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our group of 12 visited Big Fish this year. We had a 40 minute wait, kids packed in the car watching movies while the adults sipped on a few drinks in the bar. Wine list is good - enjoyed a glass of Zinfandel with my meal. We split Bruschetta - a generous portion, enough for 4 people with leftovers.
I had the Wahoo which was served with black bean salsa and shared a Chopped Garden salad with 3 people. We took a PB Pie home to share between our house members & again, it was delicious.
I highly recommend this place - it is good food with a nice atmosphere.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are glad you had a great first experience at Big Fish!

Greenwich, Connecticut
“My Big Fish Wish”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My sister lives in Hockessin, DE and has a summer home down at Rehoboth Beach. We were visiting her and the first place she took us to was Big Fish. It was wonderful. There was a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it! It is a great place for adults and kids. Two of our kids and three of our grandsons joined us during the week and we were delighted to introduce them to this great restaurant. The grands liked it so much they asked to go again. Something for everyone. Very busy, a bit noisy, but a very comfortable atmosphere. One of our appetizers was the crab cakes. Totally awesome. All crab with a very light coating, as good as any we've ever tasted. I had a fabulous seared tuna, with cold noodles that was sooo good. An interesting side salad was made with raw corn, yum! I know my sister really loves this place, so the best thank you gift we could give her was a gift certificate to Big Fish so she can think of us when she is there! Now my Big Fish Wish is, please open a restaurant right near us!

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for including us in your family vacation, we are glad you had a great experience! Hope to see you again soon!