“They Know Fish!”

Big Fish Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It's nice to go to a place that knows how to cook fish, and this is one of those places. The skewered shrimp were excellent and the scallops were not far behind. The broiled cod was the best I'd had since I was in Newfoundland. The blue point oysters were fresh but not as tasty as I thought they should have been. Whoever shucked the oysters was lacking a bit of skill. There were shell particles in a couple of them and some of the oyster bodies had been pierced in the shucking process. Our servers, Taylor and the newbie Meghan were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful.

1  Thank AFMax
Write a ReviewReviews (1,194)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good experience and lots of fun. Really large portions. Good place for a group. Lots of sides to choose from.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The desk clerk at the hampton inn recommended this restaurant. It was easy to find on hyw one.
The restaurant was clean and service was good. The food was not great but good and prices were good. We would eat there again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I were on vacation in Rehoboth and this place was recommended to us by a number of our friends. The food and service are very good. The prices are very resonable for a seafood place at a vacation destination. I had the mexican snapper and a few beers. My wife had a salad with yellow fin tuna. The bartender that evening watched us cut into our food and noticed that my wife's tuna was over-cooked. Without hestitation she removed the plate and got her a new piece of rare fish in no time at all. By far the best food we had during our vacation.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good service, great atmosphere, food was only average. Overall it was ok. Steak lacked flavor and the fried scallops were aweful. However my potatoes were extremely delicious.