“REAL BOARDWALK PIZZA” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff
Massillon, Ohio
“REAL BOARDWALK PIZZA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Pizza by the slice the whole pie any way you want it. It could be cleaner, but the pizza makes up for it and you can sit right next to the boardwalk and people watch. The pie had just enough sauce that is on top of the of the cheese, not under it like traditional chain pizza. It's worth the trip, go check it out.

Visited September 2012

New Jersey
“It's good, but not like pizza in NJ or NY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The crust is soft and the sauce is tasty, but overwhelms the cheese. If it had a little more cheese, I definitely would have liked it more. We also had the caprese salad. For $8 or $9, we got several thick tomato slices, but only 3 small slices of mozzarella. Good, but not worth the money.

Visited September 2012
Waleska, Georgia
“Just another pizza...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bland?..i cant tell you more.
It is not NY style, not any style really. Just bland? A swirl of sauce makes this oizza great? Really?M?

1 Thank Lars H
“Grotta love Grotto's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

That Toby Keith song, "I Love This Bar" pretty much sums up how I feel about Grotto's. We frequent Grand Slam Grotto's on Route 1 in Lewes, with its sports bar feel, many tv's for viewing games and quizzes, and free pop-corn in the games area (please keep your kids' fingers out and get it for them, yes??). I am a pizza-snob, and usually only go for paper-thin crust with the finest ingredients. Given all the crummy pizza around, it is nice to be able to get "chain" pizza that actually tastes decent. The margherita is our favorite and we usually start out with a chopped antipasto salad, followed by pizza enjoyed with a beer. The best was when this 40-something got carded by a kid - really? I couldn't wait to stop laughing so I could tell my neighbors who I spotted sitting at the bar. The food is fun and we grab a bite here often, frequently catching up with friends & neighbors at the bar.

VA
“Still the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Grottos is still the best pizza...and I miss it so much in between visits. They should expand and build one in Virginia!!