“It's good, but not like pizza in NJ or NY!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Jersey
“It's good, but not like pizza in NJ or NY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The crust is soft and the sauce is tasty, but overwhelms the cheese. If it had a little more cheese, I definitely would have liked it more. We also had the caprese salad. For $8 or $9, we got several thick tomato slices, but only 3 small slices of mozzarella. Good, but not worth the money.

Visited September 2012

Waleska, Georgia
“Just another pizza...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bland?..i cant tell you more.
It is not NY style, not any style really. Just bland? A swirl of sauce makes this oizza great? Really?M?

1 Thank Lars H
“Grotta love Grotto's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

That Toby Keith song, "I Love This Bar" pretty much sums up how I feel about Grotto's. We frequent Grand Slam Grotto's on Route 1 in Lewes, with its sports bar feel, many tv's for viewing games and quizzes, and free pop-corn in the games area (please keep your kids' fingers out and get it for them, yes??). I am a pizza-snob, and usually only go for paper-thin crust with the finest ingredients. Given all the crummy pizza around, it is nice to be able to get "chain" pizza that actually tastes decent. The margherita is our favorite and we usually start out with a chopped antipasto salad, followed by pizza enjoyed with a beer. The best was when this 40-something got carded by a kid - really? I couldn't wait to stop laughing so I could tell my neighbors who I spotted sitting at the bar. The food is fun and we grab a bite here often, frequently catching up with friends & neighbors at the bar.

VA
“Still the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Grottos is still the best pizza...and I miss it so much in between visits. They should expand and build one in Virginia!!

Alexandria
“Great pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We come to the beach several times a year we always look forward to grotto pizza. It has never disappointed us. My wife and I have eaten here dozens of times and have never had bad food or an unpleasant experience. I highly recommend it.