“Friendly service, great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 1776 Restaurant

1776 Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 270 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Friendly service, great steak”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

First and foremost the service was of note at this restaurant. It seemed the other restaurants we went to on this trip were less than welcoming to non-locals. The complete opposite was true here. We are from NJ and a server besides ours and the owner cam over to chat with us about NJ. Our server was a very sweet lady as well. As for the food, I had the Delmonico and it was cooked perfectly and well seasoned. I would usually only want salt and pepper on my steak but this was kind of a spicy seasoned crust that was so good. I also ordered the escargot which came in a curried butter. I would have prefered the traditional butter but it was still good. The sauce was a little too thick to eat the entire app myself so I could not finish but good to share and for dipping bread. My husband got a salad and raved about the vinegrette dressing. He also had the salmon which he was very happy with as well. I would definitely go back for another steak.

• Visited March 2014

Winthrop, Massachusetts
“nice ambiance tough beef”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The location is in the strip mall next to the cinema. The ambiance is good but the limited seating needs improvement. The tables by the door need privacy since the people coming in stand right next to you while eating by the front door and cold air with door openings. The meats were presented nicely on an open tray displayed by the waitress. The cuts themselves were cooked to order but not aged and rather chewy especially the rib eye center cut. ( no marbleizing and flavor) The pricing was up there in the $50. range. Could do better taste wise at a chain restaurant at half the cost.

• Visited January 2014
Harmony, Maryland
“Good steak - bad dessert and coffee!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Three of us visited on a Sunday night. The oysters on the half shell were without liqour as if they had been shucked earlier in the day or yesterday, put in the refrigerator shucked, and dried out. The 1776 filet and the delmonico were excellent pieces of meat, prepared as requested. The vegetable ravioli was delicious as well. Service was a bit spotty, especially for an early slow Sunday, but the dessert and coffee were not good at all. The creme brule tasted like a box mix and the carmelized sugar had been refrigerated. The apple tartlet with ice cream was tough enough to need a knife to cut!

• Visited February 2014
Rockville, Maryland
“Consistently Great”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dined here for the second time in the past six months and were not disappointed. We both had the 1776 steak because they were sold out of the filet mignon three-way dinner, which is my favorite. The steaks were great and the service was excellent. The chopped salad and fried scallops appetizer were also excellent. But my favorite thing about this place- the beer selection. They always have a great selection of fine Belgian beers which really adds to the experience. We'll be back soon.

Lewes, Delaware
“Delicious!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

First place we ate when we moved down here. Food was fabulous, atmosphere beautiful. A little gem hidden in a strip mall. And the wait staff was so helpful, introducing us to the neighborhood, helping us. Love this place!

• Visited June 2013