“Review of The Bar/Lounge”
Review of Blue Moon Rehoboth

Blue Moon Rehoboth
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Rehoboth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 286 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street
Reviewed September 2, 2014

It was my husband's and my first time in Rehoboth...and we called several weeks prior to reserve a spot in the lounge for the live entertainment, and found out this was not possible, however were told to come by 5:30 and we would get a seat. Well all seats taken at 5:15, but luckily a table was leaving and we were able to sit front an center. WOW Pamela Stanely was fantastic...great singing and talking with the audience. This place was SO MUCH FUN!!! However, when we approached the host on the restaurant side, I asked if I could just peek into the restaurant and he said NO? I was not even allowed to look in the restaurant? HMMM A bit snotty and non-welcoming. Too bad...because we went out to a grand dinner after the show and spent a fortune!! This place is really fun...but the workers seem to have a bit of an attitude.

1  Thank bartie1b

Reviewed September 1, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant last night and their special was crab cakes. They were very very good, served on a bed of corn. I' liked the crab cakes but not sure they were worth $32.00.

The restaurant is very close to the boardwalk and reservations are suggested.

The cost will keep me away from this restaurant.

1  Thank BusdriverPhil
Reviewed August 31, 2014

After looking forward to a dinner at the Blue Moon in Rehoboth, I left rather disappointed. The menu tries to be over sophisticated with "fusion" cuisine used on the corn soup appetizer, and a "deconstructed" chicken dish. I had the chicken dish because I didn't want to spend almost $40 for a steak or a pork chop that I eat at home all the time. The chicken came with unrecognizable vegetables which included I guess mushroom, and I think carrots and unknown other things that I did not eat. I didn't like the taste at all. There was also maybe a teaspoon's worth of mashed potatoes on the plate under the chicken again. The cooking process was so complicated that our waiter deferred to a second waitress to describe how it was cooked, which lost us in the explanation. The Chef has forgotten what simple but good food tastes like and has created his own food world with him in mind instead of his customers. There were things I would never order such as "venison tartar," on the menu. Three out of our party wanted to leave the restaurant and eat elsewhere but I persuaded them to stay. The food wasn't horrible, it just wasn't palatable. The best feature of dinner was the Amous-Bouche, served at the beginning which consisted of a stuffed fig. That was wonderful. I should have stopped there, especially before the bill arrived, that with tip crossed the $100 mark for two with no alcohol.

2  Thank condor221
Reviewed August 30, 2014

As a resident of Rehoboth Beach for over 20 years and a loyal patron of the Blue Moon, I am sorry to say that based on my dinner experience last evening, I will never be a returning customer -- nor will I recommend it to anyone.

My husband and I both ordered "specials." My dinner of crab cakes was terrible -- the taste of the crab was completely overpowered by scallions and some type of bacon flavoring. My husband's soft shell crabs were heavily breaded with so much cornmeal that the usual sweet flavor of the crab was completely lost.

Our appetizers were also disappointing (ahi tuna and Heirloom tomatoes and corn) -- and the worst part was that our main courses came with the same large portions of corn prepared in the exact fashion as my appetizer. I would have thought that our waiter might have advised me to choose a different vegetable for my main course.

When our waitress asked us if we enjoyed our meals, we told her we were disappointed -- and why. She simply shrugged and cleared our plates.

The bill for our meal was $120 which included two cocktails. (The only good part of the whole meal was my Cosmopolitan). Each of our "special" entrees cost $32. You can go to just about any other seafood restaurant in town and get both types of crab prepared beautifully and for much less.

It's such a shame that this once great restaurant is no more.

4  Thank Valarie E
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Been coming to Rehoboth for many years and see restaurants come and go.
Blue Moon is a mainstay serving quality meals. Management runs this place like clock work.
You can expect to be wowed here, from the service you expect and receive to the quality of the food they serve. Simply awesome I recommend this establishment without reservation.