“Consistently the best in Rehoboth”
Review of Blue Moon Rehoboth

Blue Moon Rehoboth
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Rehoboth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We've been to Blue Moon many times over many years, and it never fails to impress. The menu changes daily, but if you have a chance to order the wild boar bolognese or the seared cage free fois gras, don't hesitate! We're going back a second time in the same week just to enjoy these again. Blue Moon combines fine service, inventive and bold flavor pairings, a great wine list, and fair prices, which is why we keep coming back. Don't be put off by the vibrant bar scene on the other side -- the dining room is much more sedate. It doesn't get better than this in Rehoboth, which is saying a lot since there are so many excellent restaurants here. This is our #1 favorite!

1  Thank DCDolcevita

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our reservations were made online a few weeks in advance and a request for one vegan meal was also placed at the time of the booking. The owner called back to assure me that a vegan meal can be honored and was willing to go over the menu point by point as to what could be put together for it. Not being a picky vegan, I stated that as long as it is plant based, I wouldn't have a problem with what the chef was able to create. On the night of our seating, the server was on the ball and took my dining companions orders and informed me that the chef was making a special vegan entree. Diners were treated to a pre-dinner amuse bouche to whet the appetites. The food arrived timely and deliciously prepared to the highest standards. The facility has impeccable cleanliness standards, which is not shared by many other establishments in the area, sad to say. The meals are a bit on the high end of price but when you receive such professional service from the front and the back of the house, you come away feeling you got your money's worth. The only negative is that the place is set up in a maze like situation so that getting to the rest rooms can be a bit of a trick to navigate when competing with the connected bar crowd. Overall, it was a fantastic meal and the care and consideration that the staff and owners treat their clients with is the ultimate testament to top notch customer service.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My daughter and I had dinner at the Blue moon two different times so far. A very special place to eat. Excellent food, very clean and great service.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I have a family reunion in Rehoboth each year. We always sneak away one night and have a "date". Our place is always Blue Moon. We have tried some others over the year but we always have come back to Blue Moon. Each year we wonder if it will be as good as last time but they have never let us down, including this year! Everything is a gourmet delight so I'm not going to make suggestions here. NOTHING will disappoint you, including the staff. We always ask to sit on the porch. It's nice and bright and you can watch the people stroll by (and probably wishing they were eating here! LOL). The tables are close but its actually kinda fun to make some light chat while waiting to see where everyone is from (provided they aren't eating!). It's just a great atmosphere and IMO very romantic, too! I suggest reservations.
I probably should mention, they have a gay bar and a different shows (like transvestites) and a dance floor in the back, if anyone is interested!
When you are in Rehoboth, this is THE restaurant to treat yourself to while you are there! Sorry its a year before we go back....!

1  Thank Annie055
Reviewed August 26, 2012

After being told how wonderful this place was, and how hard it was to get a reservation, my partner and I dined here last Saturday night.

The table was close to the door and anything but romantic. Our waiter was nice enough, but just 'okay' in the service department. The charcuturie appetizer was interesting. It was certainly exotic and tasty. My partner enjoyed his duck breast, and I, my rack of lamb, though it was a bit overpriced. The cocktail I had with my meal was not all that good.

Our worst decision was in the dessert. We ordered their signature dessert for 2. Well, actually, it was a dessert for 20. It was way too big...embarrassingly so...and probably about as unhealthy an end to a meal as we could get. We left a lot of it, but we should have left more. At least the dessert wasn't overpriced.

While the overall meal was good, the word that kept sticking in our minds, especially as we experienced other fine places in Rehoboth Beach through the week we were there, was 'over-rated.' And it was easily the most expensive meal we had there, which is saying a lot, since we dined at some exceptionally nice places.

2  Thank scootmandu