“Unexpectedly good, just off the boardwalk”
Review of Go Fish

Go Fish
Ranked #27 of 277 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Mass.
“Unexpectedly good, just off the boardwalk”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Go Fish is in a prime location in Rehboth, on the main street in the first ocean block. I was expecting a tourist trap with lousy food, but instead found a decent casual eatery with respectable food. Would definately go back.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“What the h* took me so long?”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After years of seeing the Go Fish signs in the Rehoboth Beach area, I FINALLY paid the place a visit. I love my fish and chips, and I'm pretty particular about it. Very few places do it right (ack, there are so many joints that just throw a plan of unidentifable frozen fish in the oil). This place is good, though. Really good. Maybe not quite the BEST I've ever had, but darned close to it.

I don't know what took me so long, but I promise to be back.

Woodbine, Maryland
“Good Enough”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you're longing for some traditional British style fish and chips, this place will fill the bill. We just got back from the UK about a month ago and had some pretty good fish and chips over there, so when we saw this place, we thought we'd see how it compared. On the whole, it's not bad. The portions were generous and the fish was flaky and very tasty. The only downside was that the fish batter, while crunchy and light, was a bit on the oily side. We didn't sample any of the other traditional british dishes they had. Perhaps next time.

• Visited September 2013
US
“Definitely should be on your casual seafood list”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Oddly, given its location you would think this would be a hack job version of this classic dish, fish and chips. Fear not, the owner (?) runs around with an authentic UK vibe and accent keeping it all in line, both on the hospitality/ service end and the food/execution end; even when busy. Nicely done. Though for real authenticity, the chips should be served up in newpaper.... well maybe not.

For those who think that real fish and chips must have the chic thin batter, you’re partly right. The other part says you’re wrong; when well done, as it is here, a heavy batter is really great. Not really heavy after all, and flakes away easily if you don't want it all..and of course a nice crisp to it. And it protects the delicate fish from excess heat in the cooking process. All well executed and served up hot, which is essential. Spuds are nicely done…and real.

The atmosphere and décor is sort of 70’s head joint vibe…by accident or intentionally it doesn’t matter. But that’s the scene; even so it sort of could use a tweak/face lift or something to give the funky-but-really-clean-too, look. Nothing terrible mind you (oh that's a Brit phrase isn't it..?) but sort of messy

One shortcoming on the food was a take-out of clam strips (I believe). They were likely prefrozen and heavily breaded and sans flavor. [Generally, take out of fried food is a bad idea. Pizza too. I’ll never understand that. Would you accept lukewarm soggy pizza or fried food served to your table? ...but we were desperate, on the beach, hungry..]

There is a desert that you shouldn’t miss. I don’t like deserts in general – usually way overrated and too big and nasty. Give a 25% obesity rate in this country…we should all be skipping this. I'd just rather eat more good food to max out the calories. But, our waiter was right on with their house specialty. He mentioned a date-based shortbread; dates cannot be mentioned on the menu for fear of scaring people- and we were sold. Its quite amazing and highly recommended… even if you fear dates.

Egg Harbor Township
“Real Fish and Chips”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I grew up on authentic Scotch Fish and Chips. Go Fish is the only restaurant I have ever eaten at that comes close to replicating them. If you lime them crispy, ask for them well done. My son had the shepherd's pie, and devoured it! And their prices are reasonable.