“Gluten Freindly Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
“Gluten Freindly Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoy eating here. As someone with a gluten and dairy allergy it's nice knowing I will be able to eat with my friends and family during a meal. I love the big salads with the assorted fresh fish choices. It's not fancy but you'll get a great meal with friendly service. Summer season can mean a long wait, sometimes well over an hour.

Visited July 2012

Ocean City
“Very Good...Then We Got The Tab. Blimey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'd say about 25% or so overpriced...but still very good.
The portions were large. If you have a craving for classic Fish & Chips this place will easily take care of that. Much better than what the chains serve.
Here's my one tip for you: Believe the hype on their "Sticky Toffee" dessert. Get it. Get two! Just don't leave without sampling this unique concoction. I'm craving one right now.
Lunch for two, sodas and one dessert- $55.00 total (includes our 20% tip. Service was OK.)
I'll recommend it to you - just prepare yourself for a little sticker shock.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Fallston, Maryland
“The best fish & chips on this continent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had the fish & chips last evening and the fish was huge, the batter light and perfectly browned, the chips cooked to perfection all served piping hot. The cole slaw was great. We were pleansantly full afterward. I lived in Australia for years and have had really fresh British fish & chips but this rivals anything I had there. Finally, the Key lime pie was also amazing and you get a huge slice. It is not something out of a freezer, but fresh and creamy. I will definitely be back for more of everything. Thank you to the chef for the excellent meal, and the waitress for her friendliness.

Visited January 2013
Kendall Park, New Jersey
“Great little place to get some Fisn 'n Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Since we found this place, it's a part of our annual trip to Rehoboth Beach every December. The food is good & reasonable. Doubt if we could get in during peak season, but when all the Christmas outlet shoppers are opting for the chain restaurants on the highway, this is the place the locals go. Give it a try.

• Visited December 2012
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After reading so many positive reviews I was happy to see this place is open year round. I arrived at around 2pm and the place was pretty empty so I was seated immediately. I ordered the battered fish and caesar salad (couldn't justify getting chips since I knew I was headed across the street to Thrashers later that day). My order came out quickly, and the portion sizing of the fish wasn't as big as I expected. Perhaps the dinner order is larger - at least I would hope it is given the difference in price.The fried fish was plopped on top of the caesar salad on a small plate so I ate the salad as quickly as possible to spare the bottom of the fish from getting soggy. Despite my most valiant efforts I was not successful and a good part of my fish ended up soggy. Not the smartest plating idea since I couldn't put malt vinegar on the fish without getting it on the salad either. The salad was good, the coleslaw wasn't anything special, and the fish was average. I thought there was far too much batter on the fish and I was slightly let down by the quality of the fish. Perhaps this criticism is a bit harsh but, having lived in England for a year and a half, I've had many many better fish/fish&chips meals, both in random English neighborhoods and domestically in random bars/pubs. On the positive side, service was fast and friendly, there was Sarson's vinegar on the tables, and lots of London tube decor around the cozy little restaurant.

Visited November 2012