“World Famous Nic-o-Boli”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have been going here for a very long time. The Nic-o-Boli is amazing you must try one. They now have to resturants. The Avenue and then there is the orginal. I love eating at the orginal resturant! You must wait for awhile but trust me it is well worth the wait! The pizza is excellent also! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

First of all, let me say I have been going here every summer for as long as I can remember, so I didn't just walk-in off the street wondering what to expect. Secondly, I want to point out that we do not normally order pizza from big national chains. We like local, family run pizzerias. We're not pizza snobs, but we do like a decent pizza.

We drove up from Bethany as we do every year on our vacation to specifically go to Nicolas. Our normal order is a large pepperoni (+/- a few toppings) and another small cheese pizza and sometimes a Nicoboli.

The service on this particular trip fell short. The waitress ended her shift before we received our pizza and no other waitresses bothered to check on us or offer us refills on our drinks. I wouldn't have characterized the place as crowded. We ate in the old side, and came early to avoid the dinner rush.

As usual, the Pizza and Nicoboli were very good. If you haven't tried out this place, I would definitely recommend it. As for the service, I am not surprised by it. I just hope it's not a trend. If you go to a place long enough, there are going to be a few below par experiences.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Wonderful people and great food... you must try if in town.. it is the local's place. Been going since I was a kid..

Reviewed August 24, 2011

If you grew up going to Rehoboth Beach or are a new visitor to the area Nicola Pizza is a "must visit" when you are in town! They now have a new location on Rehoboth Avenue in addition to their original location. The Nicola on the Avenue is a sports bar but serves the same food. This is not a fancy but a great place for a pizza and beer night at the beach. Their famous Nic-o-Boli is delicious--they have a variety of different fillings to suit your tastes. The pizza is always just as good--we usually split a Nic-o-Boli and order a pizza to share. I was glad to see they have started to add different beers to their drink selection which includes Dogfish. Overall, a cheap night in Rehoboth but you will not walk away hungry.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have eaten at this restaurant for quite a few years, not because it was terrific but because it was fun. The food was always mediocre. On our last visit we were told we would have a half hour wait (which we expected). After a half hour, we were told it would be an additional 30-45 minutes because they saved tables for a party of 22, who showed up a half hour late. Not certain why we were penalized because they were late. After finally getting seated, we placed our order for six nic-o-boli’s and a couple of kids meals. After 15 minutes one came to the table and after another 15 minutes another was delivered. We got another one about 10 minutes later and our server arrived with two more about 15 minutes later and told us that the last one was given to another table and they were making another one. This was over an hour from the time we sat down. I asked to speak to the manager and Joan Caggiano (the owner) came to talk to us. I told her how disappointed we were in the wait and the service and she was gracious enough to tell us we would not be charged for the nic-o-boli that we were still waiting for. It took so long that some of the folks in our party (those with the children) left to go to the boardwalk. It did not seem that Joan really cared about anything. She never asked if what she offered was acceptable (it was not) or if she could do anything to encourage us to return again. I guess she figured that there were customers lined up to get in and that was all she was concerned about. It must be nice to be in a business which is not dependent on how you treat your customers. I don’t have that luxury in mine. Perhaps when more customers stop coming back, they will remember what made the successful in the first place. After all, there are lots of good restaurants that treat their customers well.

5  Thank carlkk