“Always a Treat!”

Purple Parrot Grill
Ranked #33 of 270 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DE
“Always a Treat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Purple Parrot is a must when visiting Rehoboth, be sure to put on your list!
It is a fun place, great service & food. I recommend the crab cake sliders & iceberg
salad with a ruby red crush : )

• Visited April 2013

Reston, Virginia
“Great Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Can't speak for the food but the karaoke is always fun. The crowd is mostly LGBT but also gets a fair number of open minded allies that don't mind the occasional drag queen. Definitely a great way to start the evening before heading out to other bars for a Fri or Sat night!

• Visited June 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Blech.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I should've known better. All the food I had eaten in Rehoboth had been amazing so I should've figured the streak wouldn't last. My friend and I were looking for a breakfast/lunch spot about 11:00 am on a Saturday morning. Apparently nothing down in the area of Rehoboth Ave. opens before 11:30. Anyways, we stumbled upon the PP and I was very hopeful just by the looks of the place.

It's pretty divey/touristy. And I saw someone say it USED to be gay-centric? During our breakfast it looked like we were the only straight couple in the restaurant. Our service was friendly but not vey attentive. It got a bit busier after we got seated but still...

Yeah they had mimosas and bloody marys for $2 but they were crappy and we were hard pressed to finish them. We started with the mussel which were ok. The broth at Go Fish! was better but I thought the bread for dipping at PP was better.

My friend had some kind of breakfast platter that looked pretty generic like something you'd get at Denny's. He ended up only eating the eggs, taking the potatoes and sausage to go, and then throwing it all away. I had the softshell crab po-boy after the server's recommendation but he ended up bringing me the sandwich. It was meh. The red pepper sauce was meh, the bread was meh, and the side of potato salad was very bland. I almost ordered the crab and eggs benedict but my friend had never had softshell crabs before so I thought it'd be a good time to try them. I was wrong.

I MIGHT go back to try the benedict if nothing else were open. Otherwise, if I really wanted breakfast, I'd go to IHOP

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank gomerk
New York City, New York
“Best Restraunt in Rehoboth!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went to the Purple Parrot with my partner twice over the weekend and had an outstanding time. The food was great and the service was better. He suggested the crab cakes and they were delicious. Our server was attentive and fun. He told us about the specials they run on Mondays and Thursdays and they sounded like amazing deals. We can't wait to go back next weekend. Wish we could request the same server but we forgot his first name. We remember his last name was Robinson because he made a joke about his mom being "Mrs. Robinson." Our bill was a little higher tham expected, but I think thats because we drank more than expected :)

• Visited March 2013
“Hard to beat for casual dining.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is really laid back and friendly. Best Monday burger night in town. One pound burger for $6.75. Consistently good!